Wednesday, August 2, 2017

reading -Wednesday August 2, 2017

I went to the Riverbend Library to pick up the books I had requested. I returned one book. So the pace of reading is very slow today. But the luxury of books on demand never pales. I have a pile of library books by my bed with due dates inscribed on them in some sort of hurry hurry notation but I haven't read them yet. Instead I have been dreamily looking at them like a lover upon the beloveds. How many beloveds there are and how slow I am! I castigate myself for my mental blahness but there is nothing I can do about it. I have drank my strong cup of tea but the torpor of late evening is upon me and maybe I might get through one book now but it is unlikely that I can engorge myself on all of them.
Of these books, I turn and turn them like a small brick maker her clay bricks hoping to find the ones that are perfect enough to make a wall of meaning with. But there are too many of them. And I have just added four more books today to the pile.
It helps to have the due date and then the people waiting so you can't renew them. Let me go read.
There be dragons.
But in my castle of print the dragons are outside and unable to harm.
In my castle there be music.
And with musical weapons of poems, I can defend myself.
Remedios Varo
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment