Wednesday, July 26, 2017

the angels among us

Yesterday at a time of great worry and hurry at the Villa as I waited for Rebecca to come to the elevator, another resident in the elevator called me over. He said, "I'm sorry to bother you, and I don't want to upset you" and my heart rate went up.
He then said in a confidential manner "It's just that you are so beautiful."
Heck this was such a nice thing to say.
Even my hubby never says I am beautiful.
Pig headed maybe.
But never beautiful.
The kindness of strangers.
I've been at the tail end of ugly comments.
But among the least among us, I'm getting heavenly feedback.
A glow from a small compliment lasted most of yesterday.
And then at the Superstore, tired out from running about ---there was a darling boy called Abdullah who was my cashier who kindly explained my bill to me when I was in the late hour mental fog. It was my anti-histamines that pushed up the bill. Nice kid.
This morning I phoned the Superstore and commented kindly about this young boy who knows far more than I do how being kind can change the shopping experience of frazzled mummies.
Thanks Abdullah.
And thanks to the man in the wheelchair who thought I looked beautiful and wasn't ashamed or afraid to tell me.
What we think we are -plain, ugly and unimportant might not be the way our souls are perceived by the angels among us.
Remedios Varo
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

News Feed


No comments:

Post a Comment