Saturday, July 15, 2017

Stephen Tucker added 4 new photos — with Tammilee Rideout-Tucker. April 27 · PLEASE SHARE!!!! It breaks by heart to have my mom in a emergency room bed were at least dad can now visit her . A care home in grande prairie has abused my mom for the last time . We are now taking up space in an emergency room while awaiting for a doctor to help us find a spot . The care home today slammed the door in my face as I tried to talk to them. As I had to remove mom s belongings out of there so the abuse can't continue. Dad fought with them for years with documentation and pics plenty of proof to put them under . But everyone turns a blind eye to the abuse and call it un founded . The judge without any looking at foundings or proof just say your banned and any further cost comes to dad? How does a retirement man pay for lawyer fees. I want this banning my dad from the care home for a full year without visiting rights to go viral . He has legal guardianship to be her voice from a court but means nothing . How does the justice system work ? She cannot speak for herself . Please share the shit outta this . Media here I come


https://www.facebook.com/stephen.tucker.334

Stephen Tucker
 shared his post.
Stephen Tucker added 4 new photos — with Tammilee Rideout-Tucker.
April 27
PLEASE SHARE!!!! It breaks by heart to have my mom in a emergency room bed were at least dad can now visit her . A care home in grande prairie has abused my mom for the last time . We are now taking up space in an emergency room while awaiting for a doctor to help us find a spot . The care home today slammed the door in my face as I tried to talk to them. As I had to remove mom s belongings out of there so the abuse can't continue. Dad fought with them for years with documentation and pics plenty of proof to put them under . But everyone turns a blind eye to the abuse and call it un founded . The judge without any looking at foundings or proof just say your banned and any further cost comes to dad? How does a retirement man pay for lawyer fees. I want this banning my dad from the care home for a full year without visiting rights to go viral . He has legal guardianship to be her voice from a court but means nothing . How does the justice system work ? She cannot speak for herself . Please share the shit outta this . Media here I come
LikeShow more reactions
Comment


Seniors have spent their lives taking care of us. Now its our turn to take care of them.
Seniors deserve dignity. That's why Alberta's NDP is investing in community health care.
ACT.ALBERTANDP.CA





Alexandria Kennedy
 I volunteer in both a profit and non-profit senior homes. The profit run ones seem to nickel and dime the residents when they already pay a hefty monthly bill to live their. Both profit/non-profit homes are short on front line workers. Without us volunteers they wouldn't be able to do most of their daily activities for the seniors. Then the ones that decide what the seniors should have or do have seldom if at all have even been to the senior's home. I hope I die before I go into a home unless I win the lottery. Even then I would hire people to help me than go into a seniors home because I know conditions and care will only get worse.
Reply
20
June 23 at 8:53am
Manage
Pat Dumont Seniors need help before they get to nursing homes/senior lodges as well.
Reply
5
June 29 at 12:41pm
Manage
KE Van So very true -- senior home need more workers who want to be there. The conservative government sent me a questionnaire after my mom passed and that was my mom's and my biggest complaint. Not enough workers. My mom had to be moved by two workers from bed to the wheelchair and back as needed. She would hold bowell movements so she wouldn't bother them and had a catheter so she would sit in wet diapers. She would end up constipated and then they would treat her with laxative.
Reply
2
July 1 at 6:17pm
Manage
KE Van just to end up getting a bladder infection because of the catheter getting dirty. Round and round, to the hospital back to the home. And yet when I told this story in the questionnaire, I received a letter saying that more than enough workers. They must have visited a different old folks home that I did!
Reply
2
July 1 at 6:20pm
Manage
Maureen Reid KE Van heart breaking.
Manage
Marie Frances McLeod Peggy Beres I am so sorry. Hopefully this money will help.
Manage
Alexandria Kennedy KE Van I see that often or people are put on the toilet but they end up having to sit there for an hour or more. Some of them always smell of urine because they haven't been able to change them yet. I'd suggest that if you have a loved one in a home and if it's possible have someone go and check on them even if it's a just few minutes as often as possible at different times of the day. I think generally the staff want to do a good job but they don't have enough time and people to do so. They also need volunteers like myself. If you can do just one hour a week you don't know how much of a difference it can make on the whole or for just one person who has no one.
Reply
3
July 4 at 7:07pm
Manage
Eleanor Poirier We seniors are in for a long journey - let's hope some of it goes well.
Manage
Bill Houston You know the real problem here is that under 40 years of cuts and health care at all levels being a 'burden' on the government according to PC dogma, many people seem to think this situation happened since the last election. They are in denial that the problem was caused orignally by Ralph Klein and Steve West with their passion for privatization of everything. Had they not driven qualified people out of the province thru cuts we might just have kept good people operating the system and having good caring people working in it. But much easier to pick single anecdotes and happened in the last couple years and blame the present government for not solving problems created over 40 years in the first year or two of governing. That is totally unrealistic.
Reply
3
July 12 at 12:30am
Manage
Elizabeth Underwood Bill Houston, I agree with this. People really do forget quickly, I think that most new governments face this kind of thing. Unfortunately the people except the problems to be solved in 5 minutes (exaggeration) but you know what I mean! 
I don't think 
that I would like to spend the rest of my golden years in a home. 
I know that they are very expensive and some of them don't have the manpower to give better care. I speak from experience! My friends mother was in a facility for the elderly and it wasn't pretty.
Like
Reply
1
July 12 at 1:49am
Manage
Regan M Dolan For profits also utilize EMS to transport residence with minor health complaints to hospital where they will likely wait for hours in a hallway, at a significantly higher rate then publicly funded care facilities.
Manage
Julie Ali Bill Houston I don't think it is unrealistic to expect change from the NDP folks. They may have only one chance to make change happen. For example the politicians are in charge of legislation. The Trespass to Premises legislation is used to ban family members or advocates from facilities as in the case of the Tucker family in Grande Prairie. No one has explained to me how a resident is living supposedly in her home, where she has not banned a family member but the facility operating her rented "home" can ban her husband from seeing her. Isn't the use of the Trespass to Premises legislation an infringement of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
ReplyJust now
Manage

No comments:

Post a Comment