Thursday, July 6, 2017

Let me become the watcher who sees the intimate small details so as to glory in the intricate world we are all gifted with. Let me write so as to celebrate this world--this world in summer that is full of delight.

Soon it will be time to pick up my parents to go shopping.
But for right now the writing room is cool for a brief moment in time as the clouds flock in the sky and the impatient jostling sun pushes through the overhanging boughs of white.
I haven't yet made breakfast. Younger boy is sleeping. The geraniums are pealing their red and pink bells. Life is very good.
Summer is the most active part of the year for our family. This summer is especially active. Having older boy doing the second year of his apprenticeship and having younger entering the second year of his NAIT program has encouraged us to get going spending time as a family. It's unexpected when kids grow up and leave the nest. Older boy did this right after graduating from NAIT. Younger boy is with us for another year before he looks for next prospects. The economy isn't great despite the chatter we've been hearing of no recession. I think we have a recession and so younger boy may have to do more training to become an animation expert.
In any case, today I will concentrate on the parents. Have you noticed how much of the time we are with people and not with them? Most of us are on our cell phones and paying only superficial attention to the people we are with. This is why we go hiking. We can't use our electronics. We are forced to relate to each other and the world. And the world is very pretty.
And so let me concentrate on the flower and the snail. Let me watch the slow motion of my parents. Then let me be patient with them. Let me understand that life is so precious and accompanying them on their journeys is a privilege not afforded to many. Let me become the watcher who sees the intimate small details so as to glory in the intricate world we are all gifted with. Let me write so as to celebrate this world--this world in summer that is full of delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment