Thursday, July 20, 2017

I will concentrate on my circle of influence

and I read the news
and I shake my head

I wonder how this junk happens?
I think to myself this is all a porridge of lines

I put away the revelations of failures
and instead concentrate on the family

the history outside the home is mysterious
I might as well make pancakes

I serve my mother her fluffy one
covered in butter and syrup

surely this is the good work
that the good book speaks of?

instead of probing the innards of the beast
that is government why not instead

segregate the investigation
to the circle of influence I am in?

I put away the horror of child fatality and harm
and shrug about the seniors who are suffering

after all what can I do? I have told their stories
and yet government lumbers on like a concrete creature

I can't change the system but I can enrich the lives of my family members
   my mum eats a pancake and watches genius to stimulate

her brain        maybe the work I do in the family
is sufficient?  maybe the government is simply too big to tackle?

maybe democracy no longer exists?
I put away the pancake batter and store the chilli

these are mysterious matters
I will concentrate on my circle of influence


 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/567805465498145401/
 Armen Gasparyan - Армен Гаспарян
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvC_0foemLY

Robin Schulz - Sugar (feat. Francesco Yates) (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment