Saturday, July 15, 2017

Animation Portfolio Post #1 --Saturday July 15, 2017

Rebecca is home. Since we did not go hiking this weekend I was able to bring her home. She is watching a creepy movie with Tom Cruise. I do not like the movie so I have left the gore downstairs to search for portfolio requirements for younger boy.
I have no idea how to create a portfolio much less one for animation. So I am going to look at examples of animation portfolios anywhere and see if I can find a rational way to create an animation portfolio.
Usually when I do not know much about something I fart around on the web until I get a vague idea of what to do.
Right now I am at this place:
http://www.animationportfolioworkshop.com/what-is-an-anima…/
What's in a Portfolio?
LIFE DRAWINGS
OBJECT DRAWINGS
LAYOUT DRAWINGS
CHARACTER DRAWINGS
HAND DRAWINGS
ANIMAL DRAWINGS
STORYBOARDS
PERSONAL ARTWORK
In addition to the required drawings, you may be asked to include artwork of your own choosing. Some schools will offer parameters for this portfolio piece (paintings, illustrations etc.). This is an opportunity to show your experience in other areas of art.
***
I have a vague idea that a portfolio has samples of your best work but no idea beyond this.
I already feel a bit overwhelmed. I will try to concentrate and focus as younger boy needs help.

Animator, character designer, storyboard artist, visual development artist, layout artist, effects animator, modeler – all of these animation career paths have one thing in common: training.…
ANIMATIONPORTFOLIOWORKSHOP.COM

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment