Sunday, July 2, 2017

and I arrived to where you stand

I took out the hours
and I saved some for you
I understand loneliness
and I saw your face
when I came for you

I took out the hours
and I put the words
in the lines that were given to me
I trusted in you   and waited for the words
to fly to me   the poem is proof that you are dependable 



I took out the hours
and remembered relationship
I put away the things that were unimportant
and I concentrated only on you
I said the lines you told me to say     for these were good things 


I took out the hours
and I threaded the needles to sew
the language into bags of sound
I put the feelings within   and then I collapsed reality
so that the far country of the soul would be present for eternity


I took out the hours
I understand loneliness
and how to stay in place for years
one day the door opened       and I left the place where I waited
and I arrived to where you stand        you told me my work      and I knew love




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57q5h0oiMz0

Matthew West - Broken Things (Audio)



https://www.pinterest.com/pin/241224123773975126/

Paintings by Brian Despain

Paintings by Brian Despain

No comments:

Post a Comment