Sunday, June 4, 2017

where we might be free again

and I laid my words
like stones
on the path
to the destination
I sensed
dimly in the distance
where we might be free again

and I laid my words
so that the path would be clear to me
so that I might know
the map eventually
so that the destination once reached
would lead to success
 (whatever this word means)


and I laid my words
so that I might know
the truth   which is a malleable clay
in the hands of each of us
this is to say   I was seeking knowledge
and I found the road was perilous
and that the temptation was always to give up

and I laid my words
like stones
on the path
that I made each day with my brain
I trusted in my soul
that filmy friable thing to keep me true
to the work    which is the work that is the work of all of us


and I laid my words
so that I might become strong
I put the stones  on the path
so that the others
who follow me    would have signs
and symbols     to help them on their way
for our government is lost       and we are alone


and I laid my words
like stones
on the path
to the destination
I sensed
dimly in the distance
where we might be free again


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBPiOdyGEM

Mumford & Sons - Ditmas


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/567805465500291271/


Armen Gasparian:

No comments:

Post a Comment