Tuesday, June 6, 2017

This and That-Tuesday June 6, 2017

I picked up mum for her appointment with Dr. Krysa at Imagine Health Centre in Windermere which is where I go now that the Heritage Medicentre is so difficult to wait for a doctor.
Edmonton Windermere Medical Clinic
(Currents of Windermere)
#101 – 6103 Currents Dr, NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6W 2Z4
Tel: (780) 306 2886
Fax: (780) 306 2885
Pre-Registration Available
Mon – Tues: 8:30am-4:30pm
Wed – Thurs: 8:00am-4:30pm
Fri: 7:30am-4:30pm
Sat: 10am-3pm, Call Clinic for availability
Sun: Closed

Located in southwest Edmonton, our Currents of Windermere medical clinic is next to Cineplex Odeon and is a short walking distance from Canadian Tire, London Drugs, and Walmart. This brand new medical centre is close to bus stops and has lots of free parking.
******************************************************
I can get an appointment and it's a prompt and organized business at this place. So I take mum at 10:00 am and just barely arrive at 10:30 pm. We yap with Dr. Krysa and end up at my place at around 1:00 pm. We are both exhausted and have a nap. Then I make mum a bit of this and that most of which she did not eat as she was in pain. I gave her two Tylenol pills and this helped.
Since she could not rest we had a chat. Mum told me about her boarding school days as a kid. The boarding school she went to sounded like a residential school if you ask me as the kids had to do their own grocery shopping and cooking. This sounded primitive to me. I read a bit of a book to her but the memoir was pretty horrific and so I stopped. Reading about the devastation caused by parents on the next generation isn't happy reading.
I left the horrific memoir and mum to go to pick up food for us. I got her some scones and she snacked on that. When we were done our visit, I took her home. I was still tuckered out but I had to make supper for younger boy who had pasta. Most of the pasta was eaten but the pasta sauce was left behind.
Since older boy is going to read if I walk, I went for my walk. With today's walk he owes me three hours of reading. So far he has not picked up a book.
It was nice and cool outside. The neighbourhood I walked in is very pretty. The rocks were enormous and made the trees/shrubs and flowers feel very fitting. I begin to have a fondness for the shrubs and will dig up my shrub in the park bed to put it back in my garden. Who knew that a shrub could be so right in a garden?
So today was mostly this and that. It's not a great day but I got to be with mum even though she was in a great deal of pain and I wasn't the most patient person. I rarely am. I have bought a ton of fruit so it is a good thing Rebecca is coming tomorrow so she can sample the bounty of summer-cherries, peaches and pears.
Since I feel as if I am a tree about to fall over I will now head to bed. Walking after sitting in a chair for years is a hard thing but I gotta do it or I will die on the hiking trips. This week's hiking trips hopefully won't be too hard.
But I gotta practice every day or the hike won't be doable.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment