Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hike # 9 -Ptarmigan Cirque

I just got back from this hike which is hike # 9 of this summer:
The advertisements for the Ptarmigan Cirque mention nothing about the slog to the rocks but may be this is just as well. We started out at 11:00 am on the hike and it took us ages-until 3 pm to come down. Why? Because it is so darn gorgeous up there.
Well at least it was worth the muck and snow to get to the top. We asked a couple of hikers coming down whether the slog up through the mud and snow was worth it and their emphatic YES! got me to keep going.
As you know I am klutzy. I fell several times in the snow going up and at the top. Hubby had to pull me out of the drifts.
The wildflowers were partially in bloom and the carpet of yellow was adorable. Then there were rocks. Yes, I love rocks. So while hubby and younger boy went up to the top of one of these massive rock piles I simply looked about the bottom near the waterfalls. There were three or four waterfalls.
So I got wildflowers; I got rocks; I got waterfalls and I got time to fart around while hubby and younger boy did the manly thing and go up a summit while I stayed safely by the melting snow and the waterfalls.
The weather fluctuated between rain and snow at the top. There were massive wind gusts at the top. Clouds dropped over the mountains like veils over the faces of Arabian women. It was just so priceless.
I loved this hike although falling in snow isn't something to admire; little kids were bouncing through the snow piles while I was falling flat. But there you go. Some of us are able to balance and some of us can't make it through snow paths even with poles.
I'd say this is the best hike we have done so far this year. Gorgeous.


Ptarmigan Cirque is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best…
ALLTRAILS.COM

Comment


The variety of sights was what made this hike superb. You start in the mud and snow. You have forest and meadow. Then you fall through the snow drifts to get to the top. At the top you have lots of waterfalls from the snow melt. There is a stream. It's all amazing.
Julie Ali Just now  ·  I just got back from this hike which is hike # 9 of this summer: https://www....
READINGCHILDRENSBOOKS.BLOGSPOT.COM

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment