Monday, April 10, 2017

Julie Ali shared a memory. Just now · When I voted for the NDP I expected change. I don't see change in the areas of interest. In fact what I see is change of the PC sort where they do the shields up of creating more advocates without power. When seniors got restive about the lack of action in continuing care for example the NDP folks created a temporary Seniors Advocate office which does what? No action that I can see but certainly a place where citizens can yap. The office is not going to be around beyond the first few years I imagine because no long term role has been decided upon that I can determine. The new disability advocate office that will cost us upwards of 1 million is another office designed to placate families who have family members with disabilities but what exactly will this office have the power to do? We've seen the less than effective Child and Youth Advocate simply yap and not do much. We've seen the Protection for Persons in Care Office under the boots of the Health MInistry. The Health Advocates are useless and also within the ministry. So what were the NDP hired to do? I guess keep the status quo in place for continuing care and the child welfare system. Change won't come from these folks. Big plans, no execution. Big promises, shattered values. Big spin, new NDPCs.

Julie Ali shared a memory.
Just now
When I voted for the NDP I expected change. I don't see change in the areas of interest. In fact what I see is change of the PC sort where they do the shields up of creating more advocates without power. When seniors got restive about the lack of action in continuing care for example the NDP folks created a temporary Seniors Advocate office which does what? No action that I can see but certainly a place where citizens can yap. The office is not going to be around beyond the first few years I imagine because no long term role has been decided upon that I can determine.
The new disability advocate office that will cost us upwards of 1 million is another office designed to placate families who have family members with disabilities but what exactly will this office have the power to do? We've seen the less than effective Child and Youth Advocate simply yap and not do much. We've seen the Protection for Persons in Care Office under the boots of the Health MInistry. The Health Advocates are useless and also within the ministry.
So what were the NDP hired to do? I guess keep the status quo in place for continuing care and the child welfare system. Change won't come from these folks. Big plans, no execution. Big promises, shattered values. Big spin, new NDPCs.
The doubts about the NDP in Alberta are done with. The party faithful will vote for a group that considers Albertans sewer rats for deciding to vote Wildrose in the next election but with this poor performance we're better off changing the political party than to keep them. Change of one sort that we can implement is better than no change at all.
The voters in Alberta won't vote for the NDP again and I rather doubt they will vote NDP federally. The election of the NDP in Alberta has been a costly mistake...
See More

Ahead of a difficult leadership vote, the NDP convention hears rousing speeches from Alberta Premier Rachel Notley and former Ontario leader Stephen Lewis.
CBC.CA

No comments:

Post a Comment