Wednesday, April 19, 2017

#EveryLifeMatters------- ‎Lori Dekervor‎ to Fair Care Canada March 5, 2016 · My name is Lori Dekervor . My father Arthur Edwin Ross Jones was a patient at Main St. Terrace, operated by Revera Inc. for 11 months. The nursing home called me and told me my father aspirated and was at Toronto East General Hospital. I flew from San Diego to be with my father and the hospital told me that they had my father on antibiotics and believed he had aspirated and were not sure where the infection was coming from but that he may have pneumonia. His doctor assured me he was doing everything they could for my father. All the while my father was crying out in pain day after day, especially when the nurses came in to turn him. After days of watching him in agony I decided to strip off my fathers clothes to examine his body myself to try to find the pain source. The nurses tried to discourage me from examining his body but I soon discovered he had a gaping secret wound on his coccyx. The nurses left the room and minutes later the doctor came in and told me my father arrived from the nursing home and was admitted to the hospital with this wound. I asked him why he had never mentioned the wound to any family or even the power of attorney! This wound was huge and was not bandaged and was clearly a probable cause of his sickness. I then lost all confidence in him as a doctor and asked him what pain medicine did they have him on. He told me 1 regular strength tylenol! This is why he was crying out in pain for so long. I was then told that he did not believe my father was going to survive and told me I had to sign a DNR to give my father morphine. I signed the form and soon after I was told by a new doctor that took over my fathers care that they were transporting him back to Main St. Terrace where the neglect and abuse occurred in the first place! I begged him to let him die in the hospital and he told me it was not possible. I then told him that I had changed my mind seeing that they were making arrangements to transport my father so I told him to resuscitate him. He told me that it would be cruel to do that and I said sending him back to the place where he was violated was what was cruel. Minutes later He came back saying my father could stay. He died the next day. After he died I demanded an autopsy be done and stated I wanted every wound measured! The autopsy came back 0 external wounds! I then begged the Toronto coroner to do a investigation and he revised the coroner report to stage 4 sacral ulcer! I called and had the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care do an investigation and they found that my father suffered many violations. My father died an unnecessary agonizing death at the hands of those that we trusted. I have poured over every medical and nursing home record only to find out countless injustices by both the hospital and the nursing home. I am so grateful that you are willing to take this case as I need to find closure and wish to make a stand against the mistreatment of our most vulnerable loved ones. Every life matters and my father did not deserve to be tormented helplessly as I stood there trusting the nursing home and hospital as they hid my fathers condition. I look forward to talking with you and again thank you for your help! Like Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry CommentShare Chronological 1 1 Comments Fair Care Canada Fair Care Canada Lori, please accept our sincere condolences for the loss of your beloved father Arthur. Very saddened to hear another case of the system failing to protect a loved one. Please send a direct private message to me at our gmail account with your contact information: FairCareCanada@gmail.com Like · Reply · March 5, 2016 at 2:25pm

#ReveraAbuseDeath--Only the families are speaking at great cost and with retribution directed at them.Where is the government in all of this junk? Why are the families the oversight, the providers of penalties and the truth tellers? Why is government in Canada not doing it's job?
I'll tell you why. Government at all levels is complicit with the continuing care industry because these most vulnerable citizens do not matter. Government doesn't care about them.
What does government care about? The surface of the story. The spin.
What happens if the surface of the story is vanished by the stories of the families? What happens then? I'm guessing change happens.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments


and I took my heart
like a stone
and I flung it
into the lake
where there were ripples

I watched the stone sink
and I turned away from the lake
where there was again
the smooth surface
and I took my brain to dig

in the ground
where the citizens were hidden
I searched for their stories
and I published them
so that you would see

these are our most vulnerable citizens
who are left without protection and need
us to speak for them
here is one family
see how Lori Dekervor is speaking

because she knows
it is the right thing to do
her father died an excruciating death for no damn reason
and where was the government of Ontario in this horror?
why are these families activating themselves to go to court?

could it be because
there is no oversight
no interest
and no penalties
for harm abuse and death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDsCJ4rGD4&index=1&list=RD5ZDsCJ4rGD

ZAZ - "Si jamais j'oublie" [Official Video]


https://www.facebook.com/FairCareCanada/posts/1011483095557120
My name is Lori Dekervor . My father Arthur Edwin Ross Jones was a patient at Main St. Terrace, operated by Revera Inc. for 11 months. The nursing home called me and told me my
father aspirated and was at Toronto East General Hospital. I flew from San Diego to be with my father and the hospital told me that they had my father on antibiotics and believed he had aspirated and were not sure where the infection was coming from but that he may have pneumonia. His doctor assured me he was doing everything they could for my father. All the while my father was crying out in pain day after day, especially when the nurses came in to turn him. After days of watching him in agony I decided to strip off my fathers clothes to examine his body myself to try to find the pain source. The nurses tried to discourage me from examining his body but I soon discovered he had
a gaping secret wound on his coccyx. The nurses left the room and minutes later the doctor came in and told me my father arrived from the nursing home and was admitted to the hospital with this wound. I asked him why he had never mentioned the wound to any family or even the power of attorney! This wound was huge and was not bandaged and was clearly a probable cause of his sickness. I then lost all confidence in him as a doctor and asked him what pain medicine did they have him on. He told me 1 regular strength tylenol! This is why he was crying out in pain for so long. I was then told that he did not believe my father was going to survive and told me I had to sign a DNR
to give my father morphine. I signed the form and soon after I was told by a new doctor that took over my fathers care that they were transporting him back to Main St. Terrace where the neglect and abuse occurred in the first place! I begged him to let him die in the hospital and he told me it was not possible. I then told him that I had changed my mind seeing that they were making arrangements to transport my father so I told him to resuscitate him. He told me that it would be cruel to do that and I said sending him back to the place where he was violated was what was cruel. Minutes later He came back saying my father could stay. He died the next day. After he died I demanded an autopsy be done and stated I wanted every wound measured! The autopsy came back 0 external wounds! I then begged the Toronto coroner to do a investigation and he revised the coroner report to stage 4 sacral ulcer! I called and had the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care do an investigation and they found that my father suffered many violations. My father died an unnecessary agonizing death at the hands of those that we trusted. I have poured over every medical and nursing home record only to find out countless injustices by both the hospital and the nursing home.
I am so grateful that you are willing to take this case as I need to find closure and wish to make a stand against the mistreatment of our most vulnerable loved ones. Every life matters and my father did not deserve to be tormented helplessly as I stood there trusting the nursing home and hospital as they hid my fathers condition. I look forward to talking with you and again thank you for your help!

Like
Comment
Comments
Fair Care Canada Lori, please accept our sincere condolences for the loss of your beloved father Arthur. Very saddened to hear another case of the system failing to protect a loved one. Please send a direct private message to me at our gmail account with your contact information: FairCareCanada@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment