Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Elizabeth Keihalani 7 hrs · San Francisco, CA, United States · When I posted about the incident last Wednesday I had NO IDEA the speed and distance in which it would travel. I have received hundreds of messages from people all over the country and the world. The words of these strangers has truly touched my soul. And because of you wonderful people making the post viral, I have been reunited with the sweet old lady (Esther) from my story. Her daughters found the story on here and now I get to see Esther again! While this incident originally tainted my faith in humanity, the overwhelming amount of support I've received has definitely restored it. I love you all!-----Julie Ali You got courage and you are one of those points of light dispelling the darkness.----


Elizabeth Keihalani updated her cover photo.
https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.hunt21?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
When I posted about the incident last Wednesday I had NO IDEA the speed and distance in which it would travel. I have received hundreds of messages from people all over the country and the world. The words of these strangers has truly touched my soul.
And because of you wonderful people making the post viral, I have been reunited with the sweet old lady (Esther) from my story. Her daughters found the story on here and now I get to see Esther again!
While this incident originally tainted my faith in humanity, the overwhelming amount of support I've received has definitely restored it.
I love you all!

Love

Comments

Andrew R Bennett You make me proud to be a San Franciscan: Thank You!
Like13 hrs




You, young lady, are the HOPE
Elizabeth Keihalani
 else who lives in San Francisco I thought, "Oh boy, here we go. I just want to get home. Please don't let them stop the bus."
But then the yelling got louder. I turn and see a 20-something girl yelling at a 60-something, little Hispanic lady who was sitting next to her.
"Fuck you! Call the cops you &#$%, I'll have your ass deported back to your own fucking country."
I see the old lady calling the cops and the girl continues to yell at her
"Get up and fucking move if you don't want me yelling at you!"
I see the old lady stand up and the girl does the same. The lady starts to walk away and the girl pushes her. I'm a good 10 feet away but the bus is full so there's another 15 people between us. Do you know what everyone did? Took out their fucking phone to record it.
A couple people half heartedly tried to say stop but no one was intervening.
So I got up, handed my bag to what I hoped was a trust worthy stranger and I stepped up to the girl.
Me- "Hey, you can't be pushing her like that."
Girl- "What the fuck you gonna do?"
The old lady is trying to slip away at this point but then the girl goes to push her back again.
So I stood in front of the old lady.
And then she unleashed a flurry of scratches and punches on me.
As she's holding my head to the ground by my hair trying to punch me in the head (Unsuccessfully I might add because I've got older brothers and learned how to fight defensively💪) I realized that everyone was still just recording.
She fled from the cops and honestly in a city this size, with no idea what her name is, she probably will get away with this.
But that little old lady. We sat together for 30 mins with the cops and talked a little. She only spoke Spanish so our conversation stumbled a bit with my broken Spanish but I didn't need to understand every word. I saw it in her tears. In her hugs. She kept expressing her gratitude and I would just hug her. I wanted her to know that not all of us are like that girl. That it didn't matter what country she came from, innocent bystanders don't deserve that sort of treatment.
We exchanged names but no numbers. I most likely will never see that sweet old lady again. But she helped teach me a powerful lesson today. How deadly silence can truly be.
The adrenaline has subsided and I am okay. A little disappointed in humanity but I know all hope is not lost. I hope she at least feels like not all hope is lost.

Love
Comment
s
Comments

Julie Ali You got courage and you are one of those points of light dispelling the darkness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC_u90gDxuQ

No comments:

Post a Comment