Saturday, April 22, 2017

Dar Dealmeida Write the health minister, my sister did and her issues were resolved immediately. Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 8:32am Chuck Keil Chuck Keil Dar Dealmeida at the request of the Minister's staff I wrote her about my issues. After several months still no response Like · Reply · 20 mins Julie Ali Julie Ali Same here. I have written to Sarah Hoffman about the lack of response about the request for the audits and no response. Government doesn't respond when it simply doesn't want to give the information out to families. Poor performance.

Julie Ali
Just now
Lack of transparency and access to information at the GOA is troubling and a sign that democracy is in trouble. It was bad enough with the PCs and now we have no change with the NDP folks. Why for example do I not have the audits I requested from Alberta Health for the health quality review? Why do I not have the AHS quality review? Why is there so much information retained, redacted and shredded in Alberta? Why can folks say information is transitory and get it obliterated? This is not good practice at the GOA.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Edmonton Journal
The province’s privacy commissioner has launched an investigation into deleted emails related to the cancelling of power purchase agreements with Alberta power companies.

The province's privacy commissioner has launched an investigation into deleted emails related to the cancelling of power purchase agreements with Alberta power…
EDMONTONJOURNAL.COM

Like
Comment
Comments
This comment will also be posted to edmontonjournal.com.
Julie Ali The privacy commissioner should also investigate why I was not given all the audits I requested for the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods. I was given the 2015 CCHSS audit of the facility but there was no mention made of the withholding of the Alberta Health Quality Audit of 2014. I was also not given a 2014 AHS Quality audit. It appears that the government of Alberta can do whatever it wants to do and make up excuses for withholding information. 

In my case, I wasn't even given an excuse. Only one audit was released and I only found out about the other quality audits from the Protection for Persons in Care investigation notes that I requested. It's amazing to me that the government of Alberta doesn't simply release all audits for continuing care facilities. Currently there is only release of accommodation inspections; these are up on the website temporarilly and then taken down.

There is no permanent repository of the history of audits of the continuing care industry in Alberta. The level of secrecy and lack of accountability indicates to this citizen at least these practices by the government of Alberta are designed to cover the butts of all concerned in the poor oversight that is currently in place. The government of Alberta needs to provide information to citizens and it needs to do this is a permanent database that we can access without the expense of FOIP requests that in turn do not provide all the information. Democracy depends on information access and accountability depends on citizens using this information to ask government questions that government has the responsibility and duty to answer. Without the information democracy is a sham.
LikeReply1April 20 at 9:53pmEdited
Thang Cho ppl fked up. We all make mistakes.
Dar Dealmeida Write the health minister, my sister did and her issues were resolved immediately.
Chuck Keil Dar Dealmeida at the request of the Minister's staff I wrote her about my issues. After several months still no response
LikeReply20 mins
Julie Ali Same here. I have written to Sarah Hoffman about the lack of response about the request for the audits and no response. Government doesn't respond when it simply doesn't want to give the information out to families. Poor performance.
LikeReplyJust now

No comments:

Post a Comment