Monday, April 10, 2017

and you who are facing / your own disasters and troubles

I came to the crossroads
and I watched the skies for rain

I wished for angels
and wings to carry me     to the place of safety

but of course
there was no one to save me   I had to do this work all by myself

I made a tent
by the side of the highway

and I thought for years
about the way to be in the world

I didn't want to give up my life
so that everyone else would carve it up

like a roast chicken
at thanksgiving   I guarded my time

as if it were the only gift 
given to me that I treasured 

but of course
this didn't work     I had to learn the hard way

how to give up on my own life
in order to live fully


I packed up the tent
and I took to the road     so that I might know real

and you who are facing 
your own disasters and troubles

don't wait for a hero
to come to save you

instead transform yourself
so that you might become a survivor 

of your own life
turn away from the horror

and become invincible
become a warrior     so that you might fight

for those among us
who are losing their lives for no damn reason

say the words of all activists for change
which are all about

speaking
truth  truth  truth  to power

and don't give up 
or give in 

become relentless
in their name     be faithful to the cause

which is about love always
and sacrifice to those who are beloved

it's all about love
and being kind to those

who have no power
and who are invisible 

don't follow the horse's arse
of power

and don't juggle the shiny balls
of money and jewels

it's not about what you buy or earn
it's all about learning to take the life to be fine in the world


and you who are facing 
your own disasters and troubles

don't wait for a hero
to come to save you


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFrpzPR6TLY

Rodney Crowell - "It Ain't Over Yet (feat. Rosanne Cash & John Paul White)" [Official Video]

From Debbie Hubbard -yet another activist


http://artodyssey1.blogspot.ca/2009/10/armen-gasparyan-artiste-peintre-ne-en.htmlImage result for armen gasparian


No comments:

Post a Comment