Thursday, March 16, 2017

Well I better go back to the UAH in June 12-July 23, 2014 where all the doctors, AHS and the legal team were yapping to get us to either have Rebecca get a tracheostomy for easier management of her condition (for staff I guess) or to have her taken away from the family by the Public Guardian. It's so neat how the set up is. If you are obedient, your family member gets a trach and is at risk of infection and early demise. If you are not obedient your family member does not get a trach but has to be managed more by staff which is something the system does not want to do because of constraints in their costs or interest or both. Finally there is the matter of no one wanting to tell private business how to do the spending of money on staff for services for patients so there is a whole pile of avoidance chatter in anything the doctors write about things Rebecca needs. Really it is all about money. It is money that limits the services and supports. It is money that limits education of staff. It is money that limits the type of staff we get--RNs and LPNs instead of the necessary RT. And most of all it is money that ensures that doctors choose the easy way out of blaming the patient and putting a DNR on the patient than doing their fricking jobs. I guess it is all about the money in the case of my sister. But what can you do? All I can do as a mummy is to tell you what happens when a severely handicapped woman is left to deal with system wide failures and the expediency decisions of doctors at the Grey Nuns Hospital that go on and on and on. It is so remarkable how tenacious the doctors are about trying to convert the R1 code status for full resuscitation to R3 for no intubation. One particular doctor at the Grey Nuns Hospital stands out for her efforts and is to be commended by the Covenant Health and AHS folks for her ability to turn a premature termination decision into a compassionate consideration of the wishes of an incompetent woman to not be intubated. The backroom deals would stagger any of you and yet how will you all hear about it? I am being sued by the Good Samaritan Society. The folks at Alberta Health will not give me the October 2014 Quality Audit of the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods. AHS will not give me their 2014 Quality Review of the facility nor their data on the reevaluations of all the residents and who was moved out. The folks at the Good Samaritan Society will not give me their independent consultant report on the Respiratory program and services at the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods. I am in a corner without these essential pieces of data because you have to understand--this is all about keeping information out of the public realm for the interests of the partners--Alberta Health, AHS, Covenant Health, the continuing care industry and of course the doctors who don't--in some cases, look too good when reviewed by this mummy. But being the nice person that I am, I have not made complaints to the College of Physicians and Surgeons nor have I gone to the Information and Privacy Commissioner for the withheld data. I haven't sued anyone for the system wide failures. Nope. But I am being sued. So I have to keep trucking. Life is a snow storm sometimes and you gotta keep on shovelling. Good thing I have Ruth Adria to look to for an example. Ruth has been listening to GOA promises, blah, blah, blah and spin for decades. I've a chick beside her in terms of going through baloney.



Julie Ali feeling excited.
2 mins
Snow is peeling off the worn bumper of sky as I speak. This is bad news for me as this means I have to shovel major amounts of snow at my parents' place. I also have other folks to shovel for. It's a sad thing but I guess it will get me out of the house.
I have not made any food today after eating my yearly meal out. I only go out to a restaurant once a year because my parents never took me out when I was a kid. They told me horror stories about the places they had eaten at on their travels-- and they had been traumatised by these events. Mum is a vegetarian and when she had travelled Europe with dad it had been difficult to ascertain if the food was free of meat.
In any case, we never went out as a kid. I think every food place is a potential public health hazard possibility and so it's rare we go out as a family now. Older boy is the only way we go out as younger boy is stuck to his computer day and night in some sort of mesmerised state that imitates the folly of voters who kick out one party to hire another party.
What was I yapping about here? I was speaking of snow. A suffocating amount of it is dropping down from the nest of sky. I will have to do the walks tomorrow.
Sue called Rebecca and she is still contagious and in her room. I will wait to visit her as I have to spend all my time either shovelling snow or shovelling medical notes.
The snow actually looks very fresh outside. It feels as if winter is doing some spring cleaning.
Older boy went to see Dr. Kurji and was told to come back for a possible cavity. Since Dr. Kurji has some sort of cavity detector in her that mystifies me there will be a cavity in a X-ray that she has seen that will be dealt with when older boy comes home again. Dr. Kurji will be the life dentist of the boys. Both the boys are the oldest patients she has since most of the babies there are about 6 -14 years old.
Now older boy is at a movie. He does the sort of life that I never do which involves leaving the house. Soon he will meet with friends and yap. I have to do the income tax with him but he is still out gallivanting.
Well I better go back to the UAH in June 12-July 23, 2014 where all the doctors, AHS and the legal team were yapping to get us to either have Rebecca get a tracheostomy for easier management of her condition (for staff I guess) or to have her taken away from the family by the Public Guardian. It's so neat how the set up is.
If you are obedient, your family member gets a trach and is at risk of infection and early demise. If you are not obedient your family member does not get a trach but has to be managed more by staff which is something the system does not want to do because of constraints in their costs or interest or both. Finally there is the matter of no one wanting to tell private business how to do the spending of money on staff for services for patients so there is a whole pile of avoidance chatter in anything the doctors write about things Rebecca needs.
Really it is all about money. It is money that limits the services and supports. It is money that limits education of staff. It is money that limits the type of staff we get--RNs and LPNs instead of the necessary RT. And most of all it is money that ensures that doctors choose the easy way out of blaming the patient and putting a DNR on the patient than doing their fricking jobs. I guess it is all about the money in the case of my sister.
But what can you do? All I can do as a mummy is to tell you what happens when a severely handicapped woman is left to deal with system wide failures and the expediency decisions of doctors at the Grey Nuns Hospital that go on and on and on. It is so remarkable how tenacious the doctors are about trying to convert the R1 code status for full resuscitation to R3 for no intubation. One particular doctor at the Grey Nuns Hospital stands out for her efforts and is to be commended by the Covenant Health and AHS folks for her ability to turn a premature termination decision into a compassionate consideration of the wishes of an incompetent woman to not be intubated. The backroom deals would stagger any of you and yet how will you all hear about it? I am being sued by the Good Samaritan Society. The folks at Alberta Health will not give me the October 2014 Quality Audit of the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods. AHS will not give me their 2014 Quality Review of the facility nor their data on the reevaluations of all the residents and who was moved out. The folks at the Good Samaritan Society will not give me their independent consultant report on the Respiratory program and services at the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods.
I am in a corner without these essential pieces of data because you have to understand--this is all about keeping information out of the public realm for the interests of the partners--Alberta Health, AHS, Covenant Health, the continuing care industry and of course the doctors who don't--in some cases, look too good when reviewed by this mummy.
But being the nice person that I am, I have not made complaints to the College of Physicians and Surgeons nor have I gone to the Information and Privacy Commissioner for the withheld data. I haven't sued anyone for the system wide failures. Nope. But I am being sued. So I have to keep trucking.
Life is a snow storm sometimes and you gotta keep on shovelling.
Good thing I have Ruth Adria to look to for an example. Ruth has been listening to GOA promises, blah, blah, blah and spin for decades. I've a chick beside her in terms of going through baloney.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment


#GoodSamaritanSocietyLawsuit--for some odd reason no one wants to give me the data I need to defend myself in court.
What the heck will I do?
I guess I will keep asking for the information politely and eventually I will get it.
It's like this doctor we approached in 2016. We are still asking him for Rebecca's medical file in 2017. It is bewildering to me that doctors don't know the law about handing over information in 30 days.
But there you go. You have to keep trucking.
I am trucking.
But really the College of Physicians and Surgeons needs to remind doctors to hand over the COMPLETE medical file to citizens within 30 days and not in six months.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment