Thursday, March 30, 2017

Velvet Martin 17 hrs · March 8, 2017 The Speaker: Welcome.�The hon. Member for St. Albert. Ms Renaud: Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I’m thrilled to introduce a fierce and loving advocate, Velvet Martin, from St. Albert. Velvet is many things, but I believe her greatest joy is being a mom. Velvet’s daughter Samantha was born with a rare chromosomal disorder and autism. Samantha died when she was only 13 years old, following many years in care separated from her family. Velvet responded to this life-changing loss by successfully lobbying for changes to Alberta’s Family Support for Children with Disabilities Act. These amendments were called Samantha’s law. Velvet is president of the Alberta chapter of Protecting Canadian Children and has worked tirelessly for years to protect our children. She is one of the many women whom I’m very grateful for today. I ask her to rise. Please join me in thanking her and welcoming her to this House


March 8, 2017
The Speaker: Welcome.�The hon. Member for St. Albert.
Ms Renaud: Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I’m thrilled to introduce a fierce and loving advocate, Velvet Martin, from St. Albert. Velvet is many things, but I believe her greatest joy is being a mom. Velvet’s daughter Samantha was born with a rare chromosomal disorder and autism. Samantha died when she was only 13 years old, following many years in care separated from her family. Velvet responded to this life-changing loss by successfully lobbying for changes to Alberta’s Family Support for Children with Disabilities Act. These amendments were called Samantha’s law. Velvet is president of the Alberta chapter of Protecting Canadian Children and has worked tirelessly for years to protect our children. She is one of the many women whom I’m very grateful for today. I ask her to rise. Please join me in thanking her and welcoming her to this House
Love
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment