Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The wind is tossing the branches of the trees outside like lacy footballs. I am very sleepy. I better go have that cup of tea before I go back to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in 2013 where my sister is still intubated after being intubated for the second time at the UAH emergency where she was taken when the Grey Nuns Hospital dumped her out of the ICU on August 21, 2013 precipitating a gypsy movement from the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods to the UAH emergency which was full to the RAH ICU unit and for what? I guess to ensure that the ICU bed in the Grey Nuns Hospital would not be wasted on such a contemptible being as my handicapped sister. Good job Covenant Health. Now live your values and don't do this junk. Handicapped citizens like my sister cannot advocate for themselves. They need guardian angels to help them survive. If families do not step up to the plate we get the sort of chaos that my sister has experienced for five years in the continuing care system which is unable to deal with ordinary cases much less any case that requires thoughtful care planning. It's also a matter of not enough bucks being present so that every request for additional work like checking on my sister every hour of the night is a burden to the system and will not be readily accommodated until folks yap to the health minister and the media. It's like this. If you are unable to speak for yourself like my sister--and you are alone--then what? In my sister's case she would have been prematurely terminated. I spoke for her and so did the rest of my family. She is alive but why do we even have to do this sort of advocacy? Why is the system so poorly set up for handicapped citizens? Why is it full of entitlement, resistance and poor decision making of the sort that proclaims home care by private providers the solution to the major problems in continuing care? The solution is not more home care folks, it is more money, more training and more oversight. This crew of hires to government won't do the work required to help our families. We will have to do this work ourselves. We can begin by telling our stories.



Julie Ali feeling sleepy.
Just now
Early morning. It is grey outside.
Younger boy has gone to NAIT. His computer is still a bit of a problem but maybe he can use the computers at NAIT.
I am feeling very sleepy. I will go make a cup of tea and honey. Then I will eat what younger boy did not eat for breakfast. I am sort of his vacuuming force after he leaves. His appetite is tiny so I get to finish off apple slices, orange pieces and leftover toast.
I am getting ready for the questioning period which is coming up. I don't know how much of Rebecca's medical records I need to know so I am becoming familiar with all of it. There are lots of medical records so you can imagine how much sifting through this bag of flour I have to do to find the grubs.
My only spare piece of ground in the writing room floor which is free of legal work is the small spot near the geraniums which is where I stand to water them. I need to water them soon as they look dehydrated.
The wind is tossing the branches of the trees outside like lacy footballs. I am very sleepy. I better go have that cup of tea before I go back to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in 2013 where my sister is still intubated after being intubated for the second time at the UAH emergency where she was taken when the Grey Nuns Hospital dumped her out of the ICU on August 21, 2013 precipitating a gypsy movement from the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods to the UAH emergency which was full to the RAH ICU unit and for what?
I guess to ensure that the ICU bed in the Grey Nuns Hospital would not be wasted on such a contemptible being as my handicapped sister. Good job Covenant Health. Now live your values and don't do this junk.
Handicapped citizens like my sister cannot advocate for themselves. They need guardian angels to help them survive. If families do not step up to the plate we get the sort of chaos that my sister has experienced for five years in the continuing care system which is unable to deal with ordinary cases much less any case that requires thoughtful care planning. It's also a matter of not enough bucks being present so that every request for additional work like checking on my sister every hour of the night is a burden to the system and will not be readily accommodated until folks yap to the health minister and the media.
It's like this. If you are unable to speak for yourself like my sister--and you are alone--then what? In my sister's case she would have been prematurely terminated. I spoke for her and so did the rest of my family. She is alive but why do we even have to do this sort of advocacy? Why is the system so poorly set up for handicapped citizens? Why is it full of entitlement, resistance and poor decision making of the sort that proclaims home care by private providers the solution to the major problems in continuing care? The solution is not more home care folks, it is more money, more training and more oversight.
This crew of hires to government won't do the work required to help our families. We will have to do this work ourselves. We can begin by telling our stories.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment