Sunday, March 26, 2017

preparing for questioning

Julie Ali
Just now
#GoodSamaritanSocietyLawsuit --Sue phoned to check on Rebecca and ask for her to be put on the BIPAP. They didn't do it in the morning so hopefully it will be done in the evening just before supper.
Right now I am in 2014 and there is a ton of data to review for questioning.
 I also have to figure out how to get the rest of the information I need to defend myself in court.
Unlike the other families who are joining up for a class action lawsuit against Revera, I didn't sue anyone. I did not sue the GOA for it's lack of oversight. Nor did I sue the folks at AHS for being indifferent to the many requests I made for help. No one actually did anything until my sister went through the second same adverse event which makes me wonder why we have government and health authorities for. Are these entities here to simply spin abuse into audits that never get published?
In any case I am in 2014. I made a list of all the events of contact with emergency, hospitals and EMS because it was getting to be too much information for me to keep track of. When I get to questioning I will let you all know what it is all about so that if you get sued by the Good Samaritan Society or any other continuing care providers in Alberta you will have this information as helps. You won't get help from the GOA or the health authorities because they are partners with the continuing care industry but not partners with us-the families. It's just the way it is. Best to buckle up your seatbelt, turn the ignition on and go on the legal ride to the destination decided by the care provider that is providing this map.
All in all it is very educational and I will be a good resource in this area of retribution for the Elder Advocates of Alberta Working Group.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Julie Ali
 feeling happy.
3 mins
We merely phoned in today to see how Rebecca is doing. I have to get through my paper piles.
The day is coming closer to questioning so I need to be clear about the medical data.
Of course I won't know it all but I have digested as much of it as I could.
Eventually all this will be over and I will be back to reading library books and getting younger boy to driving lessons at the AMA.
We have not found a summer job yet.
It may be that he will have to become his own business.
Having a digital media and IT business seems very interesting and we will think about how to incorporate him this summer.
It's best to start a business when you are 18 years of age so that you can fail a couple of times and then be able to support yourself.
Right now I am boiling in the writing room. I am sleepy as well. There are featherdusters of geranium blooms. And the African violets are getting over their sun burn and making out with buds. One of them is spilling purple flowers like a fountain but the other two are sulky with the crisped leaves.
Well I better go back to the file. I am now in 2014. Two abuse reports. And lots of other problems to review. I had to make a list of these emergency visits and hospitalizations because it was all a blur in my head.
I think I have it sorted out now but it may be still a work in progress. This is what I have so far. I had to put them into years because this is the only way I could make some sequence I could follow in my head.
List of hospitalizations and emergency visits
2010
Grey Nuns Hospital (GNH) February 20, 2010 Emergency
GNH February 22, 2010 Emergency
GNH February 22, 2010 to April 28, 2010 Hospitalization
University of Alberta Hospital (UAH) July 6 to July 12, 2010 Hospitalization
 GNH August 23 to August 25, 2010 Hospitalization
GNH September 27 to September 29, 2010 Hospitalization
GNH October 1, 2010 Emergency
GNH November 4 to November 6, 2010 Emergency
UAH November 6 to November 18, 2010 Hospitalization
2011
GNH March 14 to April 21, 2011 Hospitalization
GNH July 19, 2011 Colonoscopy Routine
UAH April 26, 2011 to May 5, 2011 Hospitalization
UAH November 30 to December 8, 2011 Hospitalization
2012
GNH August 1, 2012 Emergency
2013
Royal Alexandra Hospitals (RAH) March 27, 2013 Emergency
GNH (ICU) August 18 to August 21, 2013 Hospitalization
UAH August 22, 2013 Emergency
RAH (ICU) August 22 to September 12, 2013 Hospitalization
2014
GNH March 21 to April 11, 2014 Hospitalization
GNH (ICU) May 29 to June 3, 2014 Hospitalization
UAH June 12 to July 23, 2014 Hospitalization
GNH August 2, 2014 Emergency
GNH Aug 27, 2014 Cardiologist Routine
GNH September 26, 2014 Emergency
GNH November 15, 2014 Emergency
EMS to facility November 20, 2014
2015
Evicted by the Good Samaritan Society to the Grey Nuns Hospital where she was in an acute care bed as an alternate level of care client (ALC). She spent a year in the hospital.
2016
Villa Marguerite SL4 site.
Downgraded by Covenant Health and AHS from long term care status to SL4 status.
Evicted to the facility with the use of the Hospital Act. Both Sarah Hoffman and Ms. Notley agreed with this second eviction that the family did not agree to.
No hospital or emergency visits.
2017
Villa Marguerite.
No hospital or emergency visits. At least not yet.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment