Wednesday, March 29, 2017

---no oversight-- no interest --no autopsies and tons of regulations--------------Exhibit 3.12 RN No RT coverage-there was someone there briefly. Julie couldn't accept that Rebecca was end-stage. ** So there you go folks. Not much information. I guess I didn't accept that Rebecca was end stage. Maybe what I did accept in the end is that the system appears to be having major problems without required oversight by the government of Alberta. Its ridiculous that this one stay at home mummy has to ask for the government of Alberta to do the work it avoided doing until October 2014 and January 2015. Wow. How many months did I yap? I yapped before July 14, 2014 but then nothing got done even though the first adverse event had occurred. When the second adverse event occurred in September 2014, I had had enough. I asked for the audits. And in 2015 I asked for the PPIC investigations. When does respiratory training get done? January 2015. March 2015. My sister is evicted on February 19, 2014. This is the government of Alberta folks. This is AHS. This is the set up. And no, I did not accept that my sister was end game.


Julie Ali
 feeling blessed.
Just now
I am reading the PPIC investigation notes.
These are the actual notes of the two Protection for Persons in Care abuse cases. Of course I was not given much information.
Most of the information is redacted.
409 pages were withheld.
4 pages were not reviewed.
22 pages were reviewed.
98 pages were disclosed in part.
What this means is that I have very little information on what was said by folks in the investigation of the two abuse allegations that were deemed founded (it really is abuse).
What I do have are some few comments by folks who work at the place:
Here are some of their comments:
Exhibit 3.6
LPN
Used to have RT coverage 24 hours when they had ventilated patients.
Need RT coverage on site every day especially for maintaining equipment and getting parts.
We can't do RT job as LPNs.
Exhibit 3.7
RN
.001
Up to you as new staff member to identify what education you needed.
Will have opportunity to buddy with another staff member.
There was confusion about new machine as if you don't turn it off it burns out.
.002
Staff were putting on machine but download showed no application and wondered if it was a machine error.
Staff didn't document if not applied or if applied.
Maybe used it for only 1 to 2 hr during the day-this started after audit (In October 2014).
Gap between what ---?Julie--expected and what staff could provide due to staffing issues
There are 3 clients who require hourly --checks but don't have as intense need
Other:
Compliance was different in hospital as this was ---home
Had some knowledge but didn't understand significance of non-compliance
--Julie-threatened other staff professionally by writing about them on --blog--wanted to try and get more staff as was not comfortable about what staff were doing
Julie-also made comments on blog about other clients
***
Please note I got permission from the two clients I did blog about. One of them in fact asked me to get the press to the facility as he wanted to yap to them himself.
*****
Exhibit 3.0
LPN
#2
Concerns:
SW blocked access to Rebecca's information so Julie FOIPed it.
Exhibit 3.11
NP
Participated in Quality Review initiated by AHS of 10 clients
Information about facility
Facility was audited by AB health as a result of a number of complaints
Did not have consistent RT coverage and shared RT with Gerald Zetter site
Taking machines on and off were a responsibility of RN or LPN on evenings and nights
Exhibit 3.12 RN
No RT coverage-there was someone there briefly.
Julie couldn't accept that Rebecca was end-stage.
**
So there you go folks.
Not much information.
I guess I didn't accept that Rebecca was end stage.
Maybe what I did accept in the end is that the system appears to be having major problems without required oversight by the government of Alberta.
Its ridiculous that this one stay at home mummy has to ask for the government of Alberta to do the work it avoided doing until October 2014 and January 2015.
Wow.
How many months did I yap? I yapped before July 14, 2014 but then nothing got done even though the first adverse event had occurred.
When the second adverse event occurred in September 2014, I had had enough. I asked for the audits. And in 2015 I asked for the PPIC investigations.
When does respiratory training get done?
January 2015.
March 2015.
My sister is evicted on February 19, 2014.
This is the government of Alberta folks.
This is AHS.
This is the set up.
And no, I did not accept that my sister was end game.
July 14, 2014- I write to Mr. Horne about funding at facility.-----No one has addressed the problems at this facility.
I have a great many questions.
My sister is still in 5E3 at the University Hospital and will be returned to the Good Samaritan extended care.
As you can imagine I want to ensure that no more flub ups occur in her supplies, respiratory care and that communication between employees at the facility with patients/patient families are direct and correct.
I trust that you will do your job as the health minister to ensure that AHS does its job of providing oversight, appropriate investigation of my sister's case and audits that actually look at the standards of care at the facility.
I also will look at my sister's files and I will have questions that I will present to the new facility manager in a written format.
If the facility will not provide written responses to these questions--- you can expect a formal written complaint to the AHS folks
September 24, 2014-- I ask for a respiratory review of the facility------ Forwarded Message -----
​​​​From: "jyali" <>
To: "ahs corp" <ahs.corp@albertahealthservices.ca>, "edmonton ellerslie" <edmonton.ellerslie@assembly.ab.ca>, "edmonton glenora" <edmonton.glenora@assembly.ab.ca>
Cc:
Sent: Wednesday, 24 September, 2014 13:42:38
Subject: Request for a review of respiratory services
​​​​​Hi,
I am requesting a review of respiratory services at this facility.
Can you provide me with the route by which this request can be facilitated please?
Sincerely,
Julie Ali

LikeShow more reactions
Comment




Of mice and government--in going over the work of the government of Alberta it is pretty clear to me that there is a lack of oversight and interest in the problems of the continuing care system. This is understandable. The bigwigs aren't interested in folks who most of them consider end-stage like the RN who yapped in the PPIC investigation notes.
But what happens if families don't accept the excuses of government and ask for them to do their jobs? What if we make the invisible people in the continuing care system visible to everyone? What if we show that the government of Alberta is incompetent in its oversight of the most defenceless people in care? What if we do our jobs as good citizens and speak for those without power and without any voice in our society. What if we end the silence? What happens then?

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment