Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Julie Ali is feeling fabulous. Just now · Older boy is home. It feels good. I am having beer with my apple juice. You can only do so much lawsuit prep and then alcohol is needed.

Julie Ali is feeling fabulous.
Just now
Older boy is home. It feels good. I am having beer with my apple juice. You can only do so much lawsuit prep and then alcohol is needed.
Younger boy is in bed. Too much time on the computer and he fries.
Supper was a salad and chicken. I had a bit of salad and a boiled egg.
When is a family -a family? When all the chicks are home. Having older boy home is like being in the before time when there was no separation.
Now he is 21 years old. He has an apprenticeship that he is doing. He has a girl friend. He is paying his own bills. Now what else is left?
Just younger boy. He will take a bit longer to push off the maternal branch to fly on his own but fly he will. One day both my sons will be alone without parents. They need to be able to take care of themselves.
The best way to teach kids independence is to get out of their way. We did this with older boy and he is thriving. I mean he is buying too much junk on the Internet but there you go. Eventually he will have to wash his clothes and stop buying his clean clothes.
Younger boy is going to be harder to move out of the house but I will do this slowly and sneakily. I will find him a program in another city and move him there. It will be a gradual independence program but it will happen. A child needs to have proof of his own ability to survive to become truly independent and you only get this proof by failing and then succeeding.
Older boy is home. It feels so good. Like it was when they were both toddlers and sitting on the sofa hugging each other like personal Teddy bears. I wonder if life can be any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment