Friday, March 3, 2017

#FollowingRuthAdria-----You see the disabled ?They are us. We are them. We are all worthy. All of us can be Ruth Adria. We can make the decision to refuse silence and intimidation. We can speak despite personal and financial costs. We can be our best selves. We can be the change we want for our disabled family members. Be like Ruth.


Julie Ali
 feeling thankful.
Just now
So Rebecca is home. She is making art. I have given her these art boards to do her oil pastels on. I am not sure if this is the right surface for her oil pastels but what the heck.
Younger boy is home now. He is eating apple slices, sausage pieces and hunks of cheese as I do not have supper ready.
The lawsuit review is very choppy as I have family to do today.
But it is gorgeous out. The sun is slapping a paint layer of light everywhere as if it were into renovation.
I had to have a ten minute nap on the sofa while Rebecca watched her movie and in between painted. I gave her tea with oregano drops as she is coughing and looks lethargic. I think tea and honey and oregano drops are best for imminent colds.
I am now in Sept 2014 in the medical records. Rebecca has come back from the Grey Nuns Hospital Emergency without being prematurely terminated by the staff there with their do not resuscitate junk. Really it is tiresome to have to go through this nonsense at the places where they are supposed to save lives. I mean most of the staff seem indifferent to the problems of DNR. I guess if you live day after day in an emergency room a do not resuscitate order is a tame thing.
Rebecca is dull today but she has made a new painting. I don't know exactly what it is but she finds meaning in it. I like to put the art materials near her. Disabled citizens are seen as uninteresting, unworthy of attention and somewhat like Kleenexes to be disposed of. I don't think of the disabled this way. I think of them as what we could become any time we are faced with accident, trouble and illness.
You see the disabled ?They are us. We are them.
We are all worthy.
All of us can be Ruth Adria. We can make the decision to refuse silence and intimidation. We can speak despite personal and financial costs. We can be our best selves.
We can be the change we want for our disabled family members. Be like Ruth.

No comments:

Post a Comment