Thursday, March 9, 2017

because of disability ----------"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde


"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde 

and here is the end of the day
filled with preparing
and without any resistance
the work is continuing

I am not sure what the future will bring
but I am firm in my belief
that we cannot treat others
like thieves of the system that they cannot follow



"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde

I take my words
and without any relief
I keep going on the proof
I see the world as an anchor

for the boat that I row
in this room I sit every day
like a sailor of rough seas
I wish for enlightenment


"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde

and so    I go through the medical history
I pursue the truth
this is all I seek
and when the truth is found by me   

do not think
I will stay silent
this is what I am working for
I speak for her        I seek


"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde 


what is hidden
and made invisible
because of disability 
I tell her story   so that she is visible to me

silence is all about me
as all about me the families keep their peace
but I tell you all    the world aches for their stories
but because of disability    their stories are quenched    


"Your silence will not protect you." ~Audre Lorde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDsCJ4rGD4&index=1&list=RD5ZDsCJ4rGD4
ZAZ - "Si jamais j'oublie" [Official Video]


No comments:

Post a Comment