Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Apparently I had an appointment for Rebecca-- with Dr. Damant yesterday but did not get the letter in time. I reset the appointment and asked them to e-mail me in the future as I can't get the mail from the mail box as often as I wish and the mail man has been mixing up the letters so that I am getting mail from other mail boxes. The next appointment with Dr. Damant is Tuesday April 18, 2017 for some test. Hopefully I won't forget. The prep of the lawsuit continues but I am taking a break today for the coffee shop visit and then tomorrow I have Elder Advocate of Alberta Working Group stuff to do with Ruth. I never imagined I would be working with so many activists. As a stay at home mummy the most exciting thing that happens to me usually is that I burn the potatoes I am boiling in a pot while writing poetry. Well I better go earn my keep by doing the review of the medical file. The lawsuit is coming up and I want to tell the judge how the system wide failures are everywhere and government sits on its butt. Health ministers blame us by calling us the sewer rats and prime minister go off on holidays with buddies on our dime. It's just the way the world is -users and those being used. But at least Ruth is pure. She got sued as well. She is pretty brave. I just follow Ruth. #FollowingRuthAdria


Julie Ali
Just now
#FollowingRuthAdria--while the bigwigs party on our dime, let in ANBANG for further sell out of Canadian assets in the continuing care sector, and we are called names by the Hoffman--while our hires who are being paid to change the messed up system do nothing--we have to do the work that they don't do.
Ruth Adria has been pointing out the failures in the continuing care system for decades. What has she got for her troubles? Government and public bodies diminished her message by saying that staff had to be protected. But what are staff being protected from? The truth?
In any case the PCs did their usual junk of creating the Trespass to Premises legislation so that ordinary mums, dads, citizens like Ruth Adria would be given tickets to ban them from facilities. Now why would the government, public bodies that manage hospitals and some continuing care facilities plus the continuing care industry have security issue tickets and march a senior off their properties? Why would they use the hammer on the ant?
Well I guess this is one way to let the public know the consequences of speaking out in public. You yap in public and you will be banned from seeing your family member in care. We have no visitation rights for folks in care. Heck we have no rights period for folks in continuing care or those in the health care system. Instead we have retribution.
 If the banning business won't work, they can evict your family member. The evicted person ends up in the acute care system in limbo. My siser was in limbo for a year.
Then after the time in limbo they put the evicted person in an AHS controlled facility because they don't want the problem of eviction to repeat. If it does repeat your family member again ends up in acute care or some mysterious location called an "Alternate Level of Care" site. What this ALC site is basically a holding zone for folks who do not fit anywhere else.
Now my question is this-why do we have such sites?
Why are our hard to fit family members not in a complex care facility?
Why do we have to have system wide failures to indicate to the GOA that the folks in continuing care aren't interested in doing their jobs but certainly yap endlessly for no results on our mullah?
Why do families have to yap day and night to get help for family members?
Why do we get eviction, banning and lawsuits?
I guess it is because the GOA and the PCs followed by the NDPCs have set the system up this way and everyone likes this system just fine.
But what if families start to yap together about the issues their family members are facing?
What then?
What if we do the work that our hires are not doing?
Maybe things will change rather than folks going off on holidays on our dime and calling us names?
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Julie Ali
 feeling happy.
2 mins
Younger boy was late for school this morning.
It is dull outside like dirty laundry in a basket.
Three geese arrowed by the house while I was finishing the remnants of older boy's breakfast.
I made a hot cup of tea with honey. It is delicious.
My geraniums are suddenly blocking out the window with major blooms. It is frightening in a way to become a garden of blooming flowers -could it be that the writing room's legal material is stimulation for plant excess?
It feels like snow outside. I put out the garbage and the recyclables. I am going for coffee and treat at a cafe downtown today. You can't do legal review 24/7.
Apparently I had an appointment for Rebecca-- with Dr. Damant yesterday but did not get the letter in time. I reset the appointment and asked them to e-mail me in the future as I can't get the mail from the mail box as often as I wish and the mail man has been mixing up the letters so that I am getting mail from other mail boxes.
The next appointment with Dr. Damant is Tuesday April 18, 2017 for some test. Hopefully I won't forget.
The prep of the lawsuit continues but I am taking a break today for the coffee shop visit and then tomorrow I have Elder Advocate of Alberta Working Group stuff to do with Ruth.
I never imagined I would be working with so many activists.
As a stay at home mummy the most exciting thing that happens to me usually is that I burn the potatoes I am boiling in a pot while writing poetry.
Well I better go earn my keep by doing the review of the medical file. The lawsuit is coming up and I want to tell the judge how the system wide failures are everywhere and government sits on its butt. Health ministers blame us by calling us the sewer rats and prime minister go off on holidays with buddies on our dime. It's just the way the world is -users and those being used.
But at least Ruth is pure. She got sued as well. She is pretty brave. I just follow Ruth.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment