Friday, February 10, 2017

Timeline--2014

I am in 2014 now. I am writing to Mr. Horne the health minister. I am telling him to pay for my sister's BIPAP mask.
I bought the mask that she needed. I had a bill. I wanted his address so I could mail the bill to him.
At this time I had no idea what the heck was going on. It took me almost two years to figure out what was going on.
I guess you could call it a big mess.
Or you could say it was a pretty wacky unbelievable situation.
In any case real is stranger than fiction.
Who would imagine what the situation was?
 Who could imagine that a handicapped woman would be left without accommodations and supports to help her in her situation?
Who could imagine that in Alberta, our continuing care facilities have no oversight and that no one in the GOA cares?
Who could imagine this?
I didn't believe it.
But over years I had to believe it.
And I had to document it.
So that you would believe it.
Who is you?
The other families who are just as innocent as I was once.

No comments:

Post a Comment