Friday, February 17, 2017

-no oversight-- no interest --no autopsies and tons of regulations----------If we look at the Cold Lake fatality that has happened we see senior AHS management at the site ASAP. But when we have repeated adverse events there is simply no hurry. This is mind boggling to me. Maybe folks need to DIE before the government and the health authority do their jobs? In any case, as the lawsuit progresses, Albertans will hear about the failures of the GOA and the health authorities to provide oversight of any meaningful nature during my sister's abuse cases. My sister is alive. She is watching a sad love story on the TV in my house. She is alive because I did not give up on her. If I had waited for the GOA and its less than satisfactory auditing mechanisms I would not have my sister here with me today. When the lawsuit goes to court, you will all hear about how my poor sister suffered and the government did nothing.


Julie Ali
 feeling blessed.
1 min
It was so nice outside that I decided to go to the Villa Marguerite and pick up Rebecca. We went to the Dollar Store and brought her red lipstick, three finger nail polishes in different colours, hair bandages. I don't know a thing about makeup but Rebecca like this stuff and so we brought it. Then we went to Sobeys so Rebecca could choose her own snack while she is home. We had fun choosing deli meats, lettuce, apples and bananas. You don't realise it until you are in a SL4 site that there is no sort of choice but everything is according to the menu plan so to escape this sort of routine is fun for Rebecca. I made her a bagel with lots of sprouts in it and then got her settled in front of the movie.
Of course I haven't done anything on the lawsuit but this is to be done when I take Rebecca back to the Villa. She is watching an incredibly sad movie that gave me the willies so I left her to it.
The lawsuit work is to remind me of the data which is immense. I am remembering the progression of the investigation I did into respiratory care at the same time. How is it possible for the government of Alberta to ignore all the requests for help that I sent to them asking them to look into the problems at the Good Samaritan Extended care at Millwoods? I have no idea who and how the audits are triggered but I was asking for help for months. There was no excuse in my mind for the delay in the investigation by the GOA.
I was never even told of what audits was done --this is how productive the GOA and AHS are. We had to find out with a FOIP request that there was a CCHSS audit in January 2015. The earlier Alberta Health Quality Audit was not released for our FOIP request even though it was done in October 2014. We only know of the Quality audit from the Protection for Persons in Care abuse reports. It's ridiculous. Everyone is into secrecy. As for the AHS respiratory review conducted by AHS after the October 2014 Quality audit by Alberta Health? We don't have that report either.
Meanwhile we were told by the folks at the Good Samaritan Society that we would get their independent consultant report of respiratory services and then when we asked for it by a FOIP request they refused to give it to us.
I get the feeling that these pieces of information are rather important pieces of the puzzle of why the GOA waited from the time of the first adverse event (June 6, 2014) to the second adverse event September 23, 2014 to even consider an audit. The folks at Alberta Health put my sister's health at risk by waiting to do the audit in October 2014. It's shameful.
If we look at the Cold Lake fatality that has happened we see senior AHS management at the site ASAP. But when we have repeated adverse events there is simply no hurry. This is mind boggling to me. Maybe folks need to DIE before the government and the health authority do their jobs?
In any case, as the lawsuit progresses, Albertans will hear about the failures of the GOA and the health authorities to provide oversight of any meaningful nature during my sister's abuse cases.
My sister is alive. She is watching a sad love story on the TV in my house. She is alive because I did not give up on her. If I had waited for the GOA and its less than satisfactory auditing mechanisms I would not have my sister here with me today. When the lawsuit goes to court, you will all hear about how my poor sister suffered and the government did nothing.
Penner, who was 85 years old and suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, was removed from Points West Living by her family and taken by ambulance to hospital just days before she died.
Following Penner’s death and the complaints from the family, Alberta Health Services launched a quality of care investigation to review the details of her care. Since then, all the residents have been given a full physical assessment by a registered nurse and nurses are currently at the facility reviewing the care residents are receiving. Members of AHS senior leadership have also visited the facility every day.

Alberta Health Services is reviewing an assisted living facility in Cold Lake after an elderly woman who was removed from the residence later died in hospital.Any…
EDMONTONSUN.COM

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment