Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It was only from the PPIC report for Rebecca that I found out that the folks at Alberta Health did a Quality Audit that I did not know about. I also found out that AHS did a respiratory review of the remaining residents with respiratory needs. I don't have the report of the review since it appears that you need a public outcry before such data is revealed to the public and the victim. I don't know why there is such a culture of secrecy at the GOA and really it begins to feel that the GOA is complicit in hiding the problems. I see this as a failure of their duty to the public.



Julie Ali feeling happy.
Just now
It is a dull sort of day outside and younger boy has travelled to NAIT in an uncomplaining fashion. I have laundry to get through.
I am preparing for the lawsuit. It seems that abuse cases in long term care are of no interest to folks. Families don't want to release personal information about loved ones and the GOA won't do what Ontario does which is provide the details of complaints and resolution. Audits are not put out for the public to review.
It was only from the PPIC report for Rebecca that I found out that the folks at Alberta Health did a Quality Audit that I did not know about.
I also found out that AHS did a respiratory review of the remaining residents with respiratory needs. I don't have the report of the review since it appears that you need a public outcry before such data is revealed to the public and the victim.
I don't know why there is such a culture of secrecy at the GOA and really it begins to feel that the GOA is complicit in hiding the problems.
I see this as a failure of their duty to the public.
In the future more folks will enter the continuing care system and will encounter the problems our family has encountered.
At least Ruth Adria of the Elder Advocates of Alberta Society has documented the problems so that families know that this sort of junk has happened before.
I will go now and work on the lawsuit. It is pretty interesting how the legal process works. It will be neat to report on the events of the lawsuit so that families know how to do the retribution business.

LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment