Wednesday, February 22, 2017

It takes many people to look after handicapped folks. If we all work together the work gets done and the quality of life for our most vulnerable and defenceless people is improved. Today Rebecca got out and about. She left her room to be with us. It's best to think of these small miracles every time you have to face the lawsuit. Some matters like lawsuits are nothing compared to the matters of the heart. If I think of Rebecca and I think of Ruth I feel that anything is possible. Even transformed mental health and continuing care systems.



Julie Ali feeling blessed.
Just now
I took Rebecca back to the Villa Marguerite. I told her I would be back for her on Friday.
It is hard to leave her there but I cannot do her full time care. They have folks who check on her during the day and the night.
They make sure she is clean, is fed, and is safe at night when her mask is off. I won't be able to take care of her as I am busy with the care of the aging parents and younger boy who will take a longer time to become independent than older boy.
If I see her every two days or so and she comes home, it will as if she never left home --as if she is still a part of our family.
When you have family in the continuing care system the best thing to do is to let the staff do the work they do and then do the work you do best-which is the work of love and family.
It takes many people to look after handicapped folks. If we all work together the work gets done and the quality of life for our most vulnerable and defenceless people is improved.
 Today Rebecca got out and about. She left her room to be with us. It's best to think of these small miracles every time you have to face the lawsuit.
Some matters like lawsuits are nothing compared to the matters of the heart.
If I think of Rebecca and I think of Ruth I feel that anything is possible. Even transformed mental health and continuing care systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment