Saturday, February 25, 2017

I have stopped the reach into the past

although the night is lapping
with a black tongue against the wall
and the wind is rising swiftly
where the trees are very tall

although the red geranium
has hotly made her way
to the flowers that are nodding
their heads as they sway

although the lawsuit continues
and I am in the hole
with the data piling up
and the court room as the goal

although all these matters
are correct    and need my current time
I have stopped the reach into the past
so I could make this rhyme


for what is a life without singing?
a bird within a cage
still sings her solitary music
as if on a world wide stage

and so I sing in my cage
to show you that my soul
is not bewildered or unhappy
and has a courtroom as its goal


Image may contain: 5 people, people standing and indoor



#GoodSamaritanSocietyLawsuit---- although the lawsuit continues
and I am in the hole
with the data piling up
and the court room as the goal
although all these matters
are correct and need my current time
I have stopped the reach into the past
so I could make this rhyme
for what is a life without singing?
a bird within a cage
still sings her solitary music
as if on a world wide stage
and so I sing in my cage
to show you that my soul
is not bewildered or unhappy
and has a courtroom as its goal

although the night is lapping with a black tongue against the wall and the wind is rising swiftly where the trees are very tall althou...
READINGCHILDRENSBOOKS.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment