Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Julie Ali 5 mins · After doing my investigations today I felt a bit washed out. I decided to keep going because today I did not have to look after mum or dad. Yesterday was a busy day as I had mum over. Dad was working at the clinic. I spent most of yesterday talking to mum. I am making an oral history of my mum's life. I am not very good at taping. I am using the tape recorder that I use when I have any contact with the GOA. It's unfortunate but I usually tape when I meet with anyone from government or the public bodies. After reading about how AHS and Covenant Health were working to get the Office of the Public Guardian to take over the guardianship of Rebecca just so that they could facilitate discharge from the Grey Nuns Hospital, I just feel it is better to tape everything they say to us. It's simpler. In any case, they didn't use the guardianship threat. They simply used the Hospital Act and Sarah Hoffman and Rachel Notley who we appealed to for help ignored our pleas and dumped my sister out of the hospital and into a lower level of care placement. This is why I feel we should all be holding government accountable. In the past 45 years folks in Alberta seem to be a bit too big for their britches. They have simply got a bit off. I mean if they can make legislation to do anything they want to do like restrict visitation rights with the Trespass to Premises legislation well frankly speaking its an abuse of power. The worst part of all this junk is that they do not respect the human rights of the person who can't see their family members. That patient or resident can't see loved ones and won't get the time back with the family member. It's the same thing for the banned family member. I don't understand how the GOA can tolerate and be complicit in such human rights violations but there you go. It's been going on in Alberta. Folks are afraid to tell their stories because they are afraid for their loved ones. And when you do speak out you get legal intimidation and real lawsuits. I can't do much about this as I am just a mummy myself and not a politician.

After doing my investigations today I felt a bit washed out. I decided to keep going because today I did not have to look after mum or dad. Yesterday was a busy day as I had mum over. Dad was working at the clinic. I spent most of yesterday talking to mum. I am making an oral history of my mum's life. I am not very good at taping. I am using the tape recorder that I use when I have any contact with the GOA. It's unfortunate but I usually tape when I meet with anyone from government or the public bodies. After reading about how AHS and Covenant Health were working to get the Office of the Public Guardian to take over the guardianship of Rebecca just so that they could facilitate discharge from the Grey Nuns Hospital, I just feel it is better to tape everything they say to us.
It's simpler.
In any case, they didn't use the guardianship threat. They simply used the Hospital Act and Sarah Hoffman and Rachel Notley who we appealed to for help ignored our pleas and dumped my sister out of the hospital and into a lower level of care placement. This is why I feel we should all be holding government accountable. In the past 45 years folks in Alberta seem to be a bit too big for their britches. They have simply got a bit off.
I mean if they can make legislation to do anything they want to do like restrict visitation rights with the Trespass to Premises legislation well frankly speaking its an abuse of power. The worst part of all this junk is that they do not respect the human rights of the person who can't see their family members. That patient or resident can't see loved ones and won't get the time back with the family member. It's the same thing for the banned family member.
I don't understand how the GOA can tolerate and be complicit in such human rights violations but there you go. It's been going on in Alberta. Folks are afraid to tell their stories because they are afraid for their loved ones. And when you do speak out you get legal intimidation and real lawsuits.
I can't do much about this as I am just a mummy myself and not a politician.
In any case, yesterday was busy with mum. After taping some stories about her childhood we went to the London Drugs to buy slippers. I got two pairs as she has worn out the last set. We have to go out tomorrow to buy the other stuff she needs.
Today I took younger boy to see Dr. Colliton for his yearly check up. He is under weight but seems to be otherwise fine. I got him home and he went to bed. Dr. Colliton is very busy. I don't know how she managed a family and the practice; it would have killed me.
When I got home we ate supper and I wrote more stuff on the blog. It's hard to keep track of all my investigations. As I mentioned the deaths of prisoners in contact with the police may not have all the fatality reports online and I am not going to begin an incomplete investigation. I want all the data.
Where was I? I haven't been Facebooking as much as before as my head is full of words. My poems are mushy and unhealthy from not reading enough. I have to return books tomorrow to the library. My amaryllis is blooming again and I didn't see most of her progress. When I go out tomorrow with the parents on their shopping trip she will probably bust out of her buds.
It feels very imminent.
I haven't done the work today that I needed to do and most of my brain feels as if its switched off. Older boy called and we did a Skype thing that was very blurred. I saw his bed and his lamp in his room but he was a dark blob.
I'd better go finish my books for the library tomorrow.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment