Saturday, January 7, 2017

Julie Ali 2 mins · The entire afternoon was spent with Rebecca at AdditionElle. I left the house to pick her up at the Villa Marguerite. I found her watching TV and got her dressed for outside. I found her clothes were in poor shape and decided to buy more than just pants. I got her to Helva and then went to South Common. Since I only shop with Rebecca at AdditionElle two times a year when we do these massive binge shopping events to replace defunct clothing, I did not remember where it was and we circled futilely for a bit until we spotted the sign.

The entire afternoon was spent with Rebecca at AdditionElle. I left the house to pick her up at the Villa Marguerite. I found her watching TV and got her dressed for outside. I found her clothes were in poor shape and decided to buy more than just pants. I got her to Helva and then went to South Common. Since I only shop with Rebecca at AdditionElle two times a year when we do these massive binge shopping events to replace defunct clothing, I did not remember where it was and we circled futilely for a bit until we spotted the sign.
Once in the store Rebecca was happy as a clam in her shell. She was running (well at least walking fast) from garment to garment yapping with all the salesladies. I come to this store because the sales staff are good with Rebecca; they understand her and help her.
I got her about a billion items that we went through. It was hellish.
I mean she loved everything she tried on which I guess is not surprising since they were in good shape rather than faded, worn and old, ugly. So we narrowed it down to 9 pants, 6 tops, one sweater and one front open jacket. 17 items. She wanted to get other stuff but I was too tuckered out to try any more clothes. We might have to make a second trip as we did not get her warm winter coat and her thermal underwear (right now she is very cold when we go out). But we got some items.
When she was evicted from the Good Samaritan Extended Care at Millwoods they put all her stuff in storage. We have not got the stuff out as we are waiting for the appeal process to be done. The appeal process is waiting for information that we have asked the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner to get the Grey Nuns Hospital to provide to us which is an explanation in plain language for the downgrade from long term care to SL4 status. The first request ended up with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner telling us we got the information we needed. But we did not.
Where is the plain language document explaining the downgrade to us?
So Sue appealed the first decision and we are still waiting.
As a result Rebecca's stuff is still in storage, the lawsuit is proceeding and I have to buy her stuff.
Its funny how everything is connected.
When we asked the Grey Nuns Hospital for the plain language document for the downgrade it was as if we were speaking an alien language. Apparently they don't have to explain why they do anything. Meanwhile the Health Minister (Sarah Hoffman) uses the Hospital Act to evict my sister from the Grey Nuns Hospital to the Villa Marguerite where miraculously they have been able to keep her out of hospital at a lower level of care while the Good Sam was not able to do this with a higher level of care.
The Minister of Health also provided no reason for the downgrade of my sister and since all of us refused to agree to the downgrade or the transfer out they had to use the Hospital Act.
It's troubling that citizens are ants that are stomped on by bureaucrats and politicians but I figure the just society model that they are all attached to will eventually become true as families yap about the problems in the continuing care system on social media so that other families know what to expect when dealing with AHS, Covenant Health, the continuing care industry and Alberta Health. They are all partners with each other but not with the families.
So the clothes were given to the LPN for labeling. I told her there were 17 pieces for labeling. I will go tomorrow with hangers to check if they are done because Rebecca wants to wear her new clothes rather than the icky ones she got when she left the hospital (they bought some ugly clothes for her as she had nothing).
So where was I? I just got home. I ate the hotdogs which is what we were capable of cooking. And now I have still to look at the bills for the Telus account for Rebecca for the last 5 years plus the bills for these clothes and add them all up because usually what happens is that the bill reimbursement gets done very late in the day.
I also got Rebecca two more stuffed toys to make up for the stuffed lamb that lost most of her stuffing.
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment