Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Jason Nixon 13 hrs · Carbon taxation is undermining investor confidence in Alberta. When investors see that other jurisdictions don’t have the NDP’s carbon tax, they’ll go elsewhere. A Wildrose government would scrap the carbon tax and restore investor confidence in Alberta.-------Julie Ali Hi Mr. Nixon. I think the carbon tax is a greenwashing GST but I doubt that the Wildrose Party will ditch the tax. Most political parties that I know of never ditch a tax. In addition the federal government has mandated it so I don't know how we can get out of it. What would be more useful for the Wildrose to do is to follow the money. We are being taxed. It sucks. But where will this money go? I want to know. If the GOA is using for general GOA work rather than the areas they said they would use the money on then taxpayers should now so we can raise these issues with the NDP MLAs. I am unimpressed by the NDP at this point. We did not have this tax on their platform when we voted for them. They were not straight forward. I feel as if I was fooled by them. I also encourage the Wildrose not to combine with the PCs. There is no way in hell I will vote for any of the PCs ever again. They were poor at running government and they wasted a ton of cash. It would not be productive for the Wildrose to join with them. Wildrose can win without the PCs. .The PCs can't win without the Wildrose. And the NDP? The NDPCs are history in the next election. Like · Reply · Just now-----

Carbon taxation is undermining investor confidence in Alberta. When investors see that other jurisdictions don’t have the NDP’s carbon tax, they’ll go elsewhere.
A Wildrose government would scrap the carbon tax and restore investor confidence in Alberta.
Like
Comment
Comments
Julie Ali
Write a comment...
Julie Ali Hi Mr. Nixon. I think the carbon tax is a greenwashing GST but I doubt that the Wildrose Party will ditch the tax. Most political parties that I know of never ditch a tax. In addition the federal government has mandated it so I don't know how we can get out of it. What would be more useful for the Wildrose to do is to follow the money. We are being taxed. It sucks. But where will this money go? I want to know. If the GOA is using for general GOA work rather than the areas they said they would use the money on then taxpayers should know so we can raise these issues with the NDP MLAs. I am unimpressed by the NDP at this point. They did not have this tax on their platform when we voted for them. They were not straight forward. I feel as if I was fooled by them. I also encourage the Wildrose not to combine with the PCs. There is no way in hell I will vote for any of the PCs ever again. They were poor at running government and they wasted a ton of cash. It would not be productive for the Wildrose to join with them. Wildrose can win without the PCs. .The PCs can't win without the Wildrose. And the NDP? The NDPCs are history in the next election.
LikeReplyJust now
Shaun Stanton Brinkhurst It really makes me question who voted them in, and did they expect these terrible changes - well, you got what you wanted - hope you're happy- we need to fix this and eliminate the NDP forever !!
LikeReply1213 hrs
Debbie Kayfish-Joubert The carbon tax was not in their mandate. Neither was 3/4 of what they've done! I think they blind sided even the ones that did vote for them 😕
LikeReply210 hrs
Shaun Stanton Brinkhurst I totally agree with you Debbie-look at CBC news the taxes and such that the big oil companies are or we're supposed to have aren't going to happen so that obviously helps them - not us!!
LikeReply110 hrs
Brian Scott Shaun Stanton Brinkhurst ...stop watching the CBC! It's all propaganda!
LikeReply39 hrs
Julie Ali I was a PC voter and I wasn't going to vote PC. The Wildrose had their Lake of Fire event which I hope they will not repeat. I will vote Wildrose in the next election. This is called democracy you know. We get to make mistakes and learn from them.
LikeReplyJust now
Julie Ali
Write a reply...
Dee Beaulac Great, if it can be done! But I think there is a lot of legislative technicalities to overturn this. I don't think after all that the NDP has done to Alberta will render them as honest and true patriots of this Province or this Country. Perhaps it will be the final undoing of this party.
LikeReply28 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment