Thursday, January 5, 2017

From: Julie Ali Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:56 PM Subject: Denial of mental health services resulting in fatality--will there be fatality inquiries done? -----OCME Admin wrote: Good morning Ms. Ali, Further to our previous response to your similar request in September 2016, there have been no changes to legislation which would allow us to share information with you.----------Julie Ali Just now · So I contact the OCME about whether fatality inquiries will be done and I am told to bugger off. I can't see why they can't tell me if they are going to be done so I don't have to request them. So dumb.---- To: Ministry of Justice , Office of the Premier , Seniors.minister@gov.ab.ca, health.minister@gov.ab.ca, Health.Deputy-Minister@gov.ab.ca, JUST OCME Admin Dear Ms. Ganley, I am not sure why citizens cannot find out from the OCME if fatality inquiries are to be done on citizens who have died. I see no privacy problems with release of this information since you are just telling us if you are doing the inquiries or not. But the OCME office won't tell me and I have to request fatality inquiries for these dead citizens because of this lack of transparency. If you don't mind me saying this is carrying privacy requirements too far. We already know these folks are dead. We are just asking what the GOA is doing about their deaths in terms of avoiding future deaths caused by failures of the GOA to provide mental health services in a timely manner or even at all. I would respectfully suggest that the GOA open the doors of government and let the public in because we aren't waiting to be let in any longer. We want information. This information is not top secret. You should provide this information so we aren't doing extra work for no reason. Sincerely, Julie Ali


From: Julie Ali 
Date: Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:56 PM
Subject: Denial of mental health services resulting in fatality--will there be fatality inquiries done? -----OCME Admin wrote: Good morning Ms. Ali, Further to our previous response to your similar request in September 2016, there have been no changes to legislation which would allow us to share information with you.----------Julie Ali Just now · So I contact the OCME about whether fatality inquiries will be done and I am told to bugger off. I can't see why they can't tell me if they are going to be done so I don't have to request them. So dumb.----
To: Ministry of Justice <ministryofjustice@gov.ab.ca>, Office of the Premier <premier@gov.ab.ca>, Seniors.minister@gov.ab.ca, health.minister@gov.ab.ca, Health.Deputy-Minister@gov.ab.ca, JUST OCME Admin <OCME_Admin@gov.ab.ca>


Dear Ms. Ganley,

I am not sure why citizens cannot find out from the OCME if fatality inquiries are to be done on citizens who have died. I see no privacy problems with release of this information since you are just telling us if you are doing the inquiries or not.

But the OCME office won't tell me and I have to request fatality inquiries for these dead citizens because of this lack of transparency.

If you don't mind me saying this is carrying privacy requirements too far. 

We already know these folks are dead. We are just asking what the GOA is doing about their deaths in terms of avoiding future deaths caused by failures of the GOA to provide mental health services in a timely manner or even at all.

I would respectfully suggest that the GOA open the doors of government and let the public in because we aren't waiting to be let in any longer.

We want information. This information is not top secret. You should provide this information so we aren't doing extra work for no reason.

Sincerely,

Julie Ali



http://readingchildrensbooks.blogspot.ca/2017/01/denial-of-mental-health-services.html
I write to the Justice Minister about the dumb lack of respect for citizens so that we can't even find out if fatality inquiries are going to be done or not:
 Dear Ms. Ganley,
I am not sure why citizens cannot find out from the OCME if fatality inquiries are to be done on citizens who have died. I see no privacy problems with release of this information since you are just telling us if you are doing the inquiries or not.
But the OCME office won't tell me and I have to request fatality inquiries for these dead citizens because of this lack of transparency.
If you don't mind me saying this is carrying privacy requirements too far.
We already know these folks are dead. We are just asking what the GOA is doing about their deaths in terms of avoiding future deaths caused by failures of the GOA to provide mental health services in a timely manner or even at all.
I would respectfully suggest that the GOA open the doors of government and let the public in because we aren't waiting to be let in any longer.
We want information. This information is not top secret. You should provide this information so we aren't doing extra work for no reason.
Sincerely,
Julie Ali
READINGCHILDRENSBOOKS.BLOGSPOT.COM
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment