Monday, January 2, 2017

Edmonton Journal 21 hrs · “While it’s four-and-a-half cents today, it’s billions of dollars for our economy and for economic diversification that’s crucially important for Albertans and Alberta communities.”-----Julie Ali This carbon tax is just a way for the GOA to increase revenue for its requirements. I doubt that this greenwashing GST will do anything in terms of climate change. It is one of the ways we could decrease CO2 but will folks make the changes if most citizens are getting a return of the money? I doubt it. I also believe the NDPCs put the tax in because they wanted to get the pipelines approved by the Trudeau Team. All this greenwashing will cost citizens extra money for everything. I also don't remember this tax being on the NDP platform of policies in the last election. I am curious why so significant a policy would be omitted. I guess its all political expediency moves by the NDP folks. They didn't tell us about the carbon tax and they push it through.They promise us change in the continuing care system with 2,000 new long term care beds in the public sector. We get a few long term care beds already determined by the PCs in the private sector. I feel dismayed that the NDP aren't living their values and I feel fooled.--

“While it’s four-and-a-half cents today, it’s billions of dollars for our economy and for economic diversification that’s crucially important for Albertans and Alberta communities.”
“While it’s four-and-a-half cents today, it’s billions of dollars for our economy and for economic diversification that’s crucially important for...
EDMONTONJOURNAL.COM
LikeShow more reactions
Comment
Comments
Julie Ali
Write a comment...
This comment will also be posted to edmontonjournal.com.
Julie Ali This carbon tax is just a way for the GOA to increase revenue for its requirements. I doubt that this greenwashing GST will do anything in terms of climate change. It is one of the ways we could decrease CO2 but will folks make the changes if most citizens are getting a return of the money? I doubt it. I also believe the NDPCs put the tax in because they wanted to get the pipelines approved by the Trudeau Team. All this greenwashing will cost citizens extra money for everything. I also don't remember this tax being on the NDP platform of policies in the last election. I am curious why so significant a policy would be omitted. I guess its all political expediency moves by the NDP folks. They didn't tell us about the carbon tax and they push it through.They promise us change in the continuing care system with 2,000 new long term care beds in the public sector. We get a few long term care beds already determined by the PCs in the private sector. I feel dismayed that the NDP aren't living their values and I feel fooled.
LikeReply3 mins
Ward Grantham All she will say is that we need to buy smaller cars, take the bus and walk just like her boss doesn't. They staty collecting now but give no date as to when the other so called programs will start, what those programs will include, how much people can...See More

No comments:

Post a Comment