Monday, January 2, 2017

because I attempted / and that is all that is required

doesn't matter to me
if the project fails
because I attempted
and that is all that is required

doesn't matter to me
if the spin says another story
I am only interested in the facts
and the public interest

doesn't matter to me
if the profits are huge
and the government believes in the P3 junk
I still live my values unlike the politicians we hire

doesn't matter to me
if one day the sky is  blue
and the next day it is pink with spin 
I don't depend on paid liars    I verify 

doesn't matter to me
if the entire world believes the junk
that is sprouted like mushrooms
I investigate and trust in myself


doesn't matter to me
if the government tells me to go the 
advocate and ombudsman route
I know these are GOA make work projects    that consume the lives of citizens

doesn't matter to me
that others are fooled like I once was
I now see the dissonance at every level
and believe it will only be citizens who restore democracy if this is still possible 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x611Tv8q06k
Mumford and Sons - I'm on fire (cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment