Tuesday, December 13, 2016

This and That -Tuesday December 13, 2016

It was a busy day today. I took the parents to the Riverbend Dynacare to get their blood work done. Then they had breakfast at my house as they were low (they got fasting blood sugars done).
I left mum by the fireplace while I took dad shopping for groceries. Mum had a chance to have a piece of the fruitcake and wallow in heat.
Dad shopped for a full cart of stuff that I had to fill Helva with. Then the stuff and the parents got to the house. But this was after I did bread shopping and picking up of the Methotexate.  Bonnie got Dr. Sholter to do the second prescription after we lost the first.
I ran around like a frenzied woman and finally came home to make the shepherd's pie and lie on the bed like a piece of driftwood washed up on the shore.
Laundry is still stuck in the washing machine.

Tomorrow we go to the Glenrose Hospital to see someone called Dr. Lechelt. I couldn't find out much about her other than this:

http://www.stacommunications.com/journals/diagnosis/2008/06-June%202008/065-Feat-Lechelt%20Elderly.pdf

Principles of Therapeutics in the Elderly

Since I wanted a review of my mum's medications to see if they might be too much it might be useful to have someone who does this sort of stuff in charge of her review.
In any case, it will be a long session so I will take a book and some food. It never fails but when we go to these appointments mum gets low.
Now it's time for bed.

Appointment is at 1:00 pm at the Glenrose Hospital but I have to go to mum by 11:00 am or else we will never get going in a timely fashion. Both the parents seem to be as slow as sap bleeding out of the trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment