Saturday, December 31, 2016

Martin Kerr 1 hr · I'd like to take this moment to wish each and every one of you a very happy and blessed new year. As I am sure most of you are aware based on passing comments when I meet some of you at my shows, 2016 has been an amazing year for me on a professional level.

Julie Ali Gorgeous sound on the two songs I have listened to so far--"The Book of Love" from "Awake" and "The Update". I imagine 2017 will be very successful for you. http://readingchildrensbooks.blogspot.ca/.../martin-kerr...
LikeReplyRemove PreviewJust nowEdited


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_VNJc3EiGA

Martin Kerr - The Update (official music video)



I'd like to take this moment to wish each and every one of you a very happy and blessed new year. As I am sure most of you are aware based on passing comments when I meet some of you at my shows, 2016 has been an amazing year for me on a professional level.
I'd been playing music full-time for the previous 9 years but in 2016 I really feel like I was able to connect with more people than ever. I released a number of videos this year and a brand new EP which I am sure most of you have by now. The music video for the title track 'The Update' received attention from the Mayor Don Iveson as well as Crash and Mars from 102.3 Now! Radio. To celebrate the release of my EP, I held my first independent solo theatre show at Festival Place and sold it out, thanks to you, my amazing friends and fans.
As we move into 2017 and ever closer to my biggest ever concert at the Winspear, I couldn't be happier with the way tickets have sold until now. We have far surpassed our target of 500 for the end of the year and are ahead of schedule to achieve a 1700-seat sellout. This would be another dream off the bucket list. The staff at the Winspear tell me they've never seen an independent musician sell out their own show there...
The first 3 months of this year will be very busy for me in a different way as I complete my first full length studio album in over 4 years. This is something I would not be doing without the success of “The Update” and had we not sold out Festival Place.. so this one is for you! I have really gained momentum, excitement, energy and a passion for making music again in 2016 and can't wait to see what adventures we can share together in 2017. With thanks for your open ears and hearts,
Martin

Like
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment