Saturday, October 1, 2016

what is important? shame won't do -------------Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up. Brené Brown. Daring Greatly -----

Because it rained all day we did duties. I got dad's truck to the GM place at St.Albert. Why dad has to buy his vehicles in out of the way places is beyond me. I got the oil and filter changed and brought it home for him. It is still displaying the oil change required signal even though we did the business.
Rain poured down as I went to the bank and the library. At the library I felt like snuggling into a chair and reading but duty called so dragging my bag of library books I left for home.
At home the paper is all over the place. I am also organizing my art supplies that I have collected for younger boy, Rebecca and myself. One day I will be doing the art but right now I have to get it all organized for the writing room.
The writing room sits without anything done and I can't be bothered to do anything right now. I am still going through bills and papers for the last five years. When this junk is done then I will paint the walls. The painting will be done in my usual sloppy fashion but that's life. It will be done and the room will look cute. I have already got some pictures to put on the wall that I got at garage sales. They aren't the best quality pictures but they suit me.
I am going to go the shabby chic route as I can't afford to go the modern and new way.

I heard a rumour that the rain would stop tomorrow so I hope this is true as the deck and bound for the shed plants are soggy. They need to dry out a bit before I put them in the shed to avoid frost days.

Being the anal sort I am organizing my colouring pencils according to hue and this is painful since they were all in a box mixed up--all ten million of them. If they are organized I figure I will begin to do the pencil work that I am interested in doing. I know it will take me ten years to draw anything nicely but I don't care. I will organize the writing room and do some art there when I am sick of fatalities.


I put out the pencils
in their colours and silks
and decide how to organize them

I say the stories of the world
but when I am tired of the junk
I tell myself I am really an artist

I work every day but when I want joy
I put the writing room in a plan
for future investigations  


I tell myself that the writing room is essential
I ask myself Brené Brown's  question
what is important?   shame won't do

change yourself first and then do the work
that is yours to do    whatever the work is believe
and attempt    what is important?   shame won't do

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Bren%C3%A9+Brown+quotes&biw=960&bih=544&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3roHD6LrPAhUL-mMKHWcSAsoQsAQIJw


Image result for Brené Brown quotes

Image result for Brené Brown quotes


Image result for Brené Brown quotes



Image result for Brené Brown quotes

Image result for Brené Brown quotes

Image result for Brené Brown quotes

Image result for Brené Brown quotes



Image result for Brené Brown quotes






Image result for Brené Brown quotes



http://brenebrown.com/about/


brene cc


No comments:

Post a Comment