Saturday, October 29, 2016

so that only the light will fill the doorway

and when you arrive here
at the place where I rest
and wait
for whatever comes
I am not afraid or uncertain
for I have looked at the faces of those
who have no claims on me
and I have seen the future
I know the world will alter
because of all the anger

and when you arrive here
don't rush to the next place in time
but simply sit and think
read good books and love all you have to love
for these are the happy days
when you can be free
when the home is all about you
like a warm blanket
on cold nights
see the truth    there are only simple ways to this proof


and when you arrive here
be unashamed for loving and for failing
in that loving
be kind with the most weak among us
for we will all one day be these folks
and when you travel
to the last door
travel light
with all the things you carried left far  behind you
so that only the light will fill the doorway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJbzlPRjC-0
Amelia Curran - In A Town


No comments:

Post a Comment