Thursday, October 20, 2016

late night grocery shopping

I took the parents shopping just now. It was late and they were tired but I want them to move about and they didn't get up early today and I had work to do in the house (cleaning toilets). All of this lead to late night grocery shopping.

Since I was at the store I decided to pick up an amaryllis.  The bulb was sprouting a small finger so I thought this was a good sign. It is a pink baby bulb.  I will plant it in the tall glass candle container. Sort of like this except my pot is taller and the poor flower may get stuck in the glass.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/157977899407807606/

Amaryllis Dutch 'Apple Blossom' Amaryllis

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/98657048060694232/
This shape of container keeps amaryllis foliage from flopping over. Clear glass & natural stones is a nice variation:


I haven't yet got the cacti yet for my indoor garden. I will go on Sunday to Home Depot. Friday and Saturday is busy with Rebecca's sleep study so I won't be functional until Sunday.

I had a small rest on the bed this afternoon after cleaning the toilets. I felt very virtuous and humble after scrubbing the toilets which I hate doing. But I did it. There is no way you can feel like you are a somebody when you are cleaning toilets.

I haven't got to the library yet to pick up my book.  I have almost three books on hold (1 is in transit) Most of the books I requested via the TAL thing haven't arrived which is good as I am still rereading Don Domanski's book "BITE DOWN LITTLE WHISPER."

I will reread a bit of the book right now. The cacti problem I will leave for later. I don't need to buy the cacti as I could concentrate on my three African violets that I saved from death at the Home Depot but I have seen what cacti look in a group on Pinterest and I want a cacti farm. Once I like something I just do it. If it doesn't work out so what? I tried.

This is something that is very satisfying--which is seeing if you can keep something alive rather than killing it with love.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/291185932132011089/


So many cuties:

No comments:

Post a Comment