Monday, October 31, 2016

Julie Ali Just now · I got to the Villa Marguerite place by 1:30 pm. I found Rebecca in her room and got her ready for the Kunitz shoe place. This is our go to place for shoes as I can't be running to Sears and the Bay to find out that they have no shoes suitable for disabled citizens. I got there and found that her portable oxygen machine was out of juice. The concentrator was beeping like a chick for food. I got the machine plugged into one of the outlets at the store. I got Rebecca to try multiple shoes. We finally settled on one pair that she can sort of put on by herself. The poor clerk was tired out by the time we decided. Then he said he can make the shoes wider and went off to do this. I waited while Rebecca went back to the car. He came back and told me that the size 10 shoes were split by the machine. We were out of luck. He said he could get a pair from the downtown store. I said well OK but don't split these boots when you get them (don't bother to widen them). Then I paid over $200 for the shoes which is added to the bills that I have to get reimbursed from the AISH account. I still have bills over the past five years that have yet to be paid. Anyway I get Rebecca to the Villa place. There is a man on the floor twitching. I am unnerved and go running into the Villa place to tell them to call a nurse. I then go out to find out that the woman with him is a nurse. I ask her to call 911 but she says it is OK. I guess nurses are tougher than I am. I didn't feel it was OK. But then more nurses came and they got him inside. This falling business isn't great. Rebecca fell a while back and it unnerved me as well. In any case, I took Rebecca to the unit staff and left her to get her meds. I told the staff about the mishap with her boots and that I would to bring them in on Wednesday. By the time I got out of the place it was 4:45 pm. And I still have to take dad and mum to the Kunitz store place. It's a good place. The sales people understand handicapped people and are respectful/ patient. It's totally different from the absent service at the department stores and I need all their help as it is hard to find out if the shoes actually fit Rebecca or if she is oblivious to their problems. https://kunitzshoes.ca/ Hopefully the poor man who was twitching on the floor at the Villa place is OK. It's pretty traumatic going to any continuing care place as it is mostly folks who are alone like my poor baby sister. Kunitz Shoes | Edmonton Family Owned Shoe Store For 3 decades Kunitz Shoes has been fitting people into the shoes that they need. Find your new shoes here! KUNITZSHOES.CA LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare

I got to the Villa Marguerite place by 1:30 pm. I found Rebecca in her room and got her ready for the Kunitz shoe place. This is our go to place for shoes as I can't be running to Sears and the Bay to find out that they have no shoes suitable for disabled citizens. I got there and found that her portable oxygen machine was out of juice. The concentrator was beeping like a chick for food. I got the machine plugged into one of the outlets at the store. I got Rebecca to try multiple shoes. We finally settled on one pair that she can sort of put on by herself. The poor clerk was tired out by the time we decided. Then he said he can make the shoes wider and went off to do this. I waited while Rebecca went back to the car. He came back and told me that the size 10 shoes were split by the machine. We were out of luck. He said he could get a pair from the downtown store. I said well OK but don't split these boots when you get them (don't bother to widen them). Then I paid over $200 for the shoes which is added to the bills that I have to get reimbursed from the AISH account. I still have bills over the past five years that have yet to be paid. Anyway I get Rebecca to the Villa place. There is a man on the floor twitching. I am unnerved and go running into the Villa place to tell them to call a nurse. I then go out to find out that the woman with him is a nurse. I ask her to call 911 but she says it is OK. I guess nurses are tougher than I am. I didn't feel it was OK. But then more nurses came and they got him inside. This falling business isn't great. Rebecca fell a while back and it unnerved me as well.
In any case, I took Rebecca to the unit staff and left her to get her meds. I told the staff about the mishap with her boots and that I would to bring them in on Wednesday. By the time I got out of the place it was 4:45 pm. And I still have to take dad and mum to the Kunitz store place. It's a good place. The sales people understand handicapped people and are respectful/ patient. It's totally different from the absent service at the department stores and I need all their help as it is hard to find out if the shoes actually fit Rebecca or if she is oblivious to their problems. https://kunitzshoes.ca/
Hopefully the poor man who was twitching on the floor at the Villa place is OK. It's pretty traumatic going to any continuing care place as it is mostly folks who are alone like my poor baby sister.
For 3 decades Kunitz Shoes has been fitting people into the shoes that they need. Find your new shoes here!
KUNITZSHOES.CA
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment