Friday, October 14, 2016

Julie Ali It is very sad to see the homeless. One day I was walking in the forest near my home in Riverbend. There were bags of empty bottles in the forest near the trail. A woman came out of the forest. She was a bottle collector and also I think she kept her loot in the forest. I see these bottle collectors in Riverbend go around the neighbourhood on garbage collection days. They open the blue bags neatly; they take the bottles that they can get a deposit on and then close the blue bags. I wonder about these folks like that woman. Why are they all by themselves collecting bottles from the garbage outside our homes? What are we failing to do as a society that our most vulnerable and mostly mentally ill citizens are given the "freedom" to live like this in the wild? Where are our values? Are we living our values?

Velvet Martin‎ to Protecting Canadian Children
1 hr · 
http://cfjctoday.com/…/first-youth-homeless-count-canada-be…
Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature
Sad
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry
CommentShare
1 Julie Ali
Comments
Julie Ali
Julie Ali It is very sad to see the homeless. One day I was walking in the forest near my home in Riverbend. There were bags of empty bottles in the forest near the trail. A woman came out of the forest. She was a bottle collector and also I think she kept her loot in the forest. I see these bottle collectors in Riverbend go around the neighbourhood on garbage collection days. They open the blue bags neatly; they take the bottles that they can get a deposit on and then close the blue bags. I wonder about these folks like that woman. Why are they all by themselves collecting bottles from the garbage outside our homes? What are we failing to do as a society that our most vulnerable and mostly mentally ill citizens are given the "freedom" to live like this in the wild? Where are our values? Are we living our values?
Like · Reply · Just now
Julie Ali

Write a comment...

Velvet Martin to Protecting Canadian Children
1 hr
Sad
Comment
Comments
Julie Ali It is very sad to see the homeless. One day I was walking in the forest near my home in Riverbend. There were bags of empty bottles in the forest near the trail. A woman came out of the forest. She was a bottle collector and also I think she kept her loot in the forest. I see these bottle collectors in Riverbend go around the neighbourhood on garbage collection days. They open the blue bags neatly; they take the bottles that they can get a deposit on and then close the blue bags. I wonder about these folks like that woman. Why are they all by themselves collecting bottles from the garbage outside our homes? What are we failing to do as a society that our most vulnerable and mostly mentally ill citizens are given the "freedom" to live like this in the wild? Where are our values? Are we living our values?
LikeReplyJust now
Julie Ali
Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment