Wednesday, October 12, 2016

It seems clear to me that we won't get any help from politicians who are all about their own business. In this case, it is wise for families to help themselves. It means a harder road to travel on but it is more satisfying to set up the world according to your needs rather than go begging for help everywhere. In some cases, you will have to beg for help as this is the way the world is set up but it is wise to have plan B and plan C to help your own.

It seems clear to me that we won't get any help from politicians who are all about their own business. In this case, it is wise for families to help themselves. It means a harder road to travel on but it is more satisfying to set up the world according to your needs rather than go begging for help everywhere. In some cases, you will have to beg for help as this is the way the world is set up but it is wise to have plan B and plan C to help your own.

What this means is learning about the system we have present and disrupting it I am afraid.
I do this quite simply by writing my true thoughts about the DeMockracy that is apparent in the actions of political hires. Why would they live such entitled lives other than for the fact that they don't give a hoot about the public and the money we spend for maintaining the society? The entire reason for folks to get to political life is now a debased reason-power, influence, money and further climbing up the ladder of unsuccess.

Once citizens understand this matter of how our society is set up it is best to simply shore up the family so as to it make it impermeable to the assaults of this society.  How do we do this?  I would suggest that families teach their kids well. It begins with parents and kids.  We then act our values. For example I don't really want to spend my life as a drudge and extended family day program person but I do this in a limited way because the parents need help and I am available to do this work. It means that I be a tad less selfish than I am and get out of my comfort zone of being a house person and getting out to the world.  I do this because I love my parents even though I find their activities intensely boring. Buying stuff at expensive stores is not my want to do activity but there you go.

Other areas where you can shore your family up is in finances. You have to learn to be frugal. Everything in my house is from a garage sale or is a hand me down. I have bought a few pieces of furniture new like the beds and the two sofas in the living room but after being a poor graduate student in Calgary I am able to live on very little cash.

Find a way out of the society's strictures by becoming debt free. This might mean that you do odd jobs like a flyer route which I did when the boys were young. The flyer route forced me to exercise and taught the boys that it was hard to earn cash if you were doing a grunt job.  Additional jobs might be needed to supplement the income for the family which is dubious in these times of bust.

In every way possible maximize income and decrease expenses.  These bust times will be prolonged and if our MPs and MLAs are living lives of unreality on our cash and on the public credit card, it is important for us to retain our financial good sense and avoid their bad habits.

All this spending by all levels of government may prop up the messes everywhere but the end days are near. I don't think we can continue to spend like this and pretend that this will end well.

But of course, politicians don't care. This isn't their cash. Our kids (the grunt workers of the future) will pay for their luxuries and entitlements and the rarefied air of political life is so heady now that they forget we will fire them in the next elections for their egregious use of our public purse. It all seems to work out nicely in the end. They get their fun and games. And we fire them.

We don't need to be anything like these folks. We need to be good financial managers of our own families and manage the limited cash well. In the end we may have to work at several jobs just to keep going but this is our lot in life. We're not the politicians. We're the people. We pay for everything and we are stuck with the lot of plain, decent living.  

No comments:

Post a Comment