Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I say their names because I have no power to do anything else

The Just Society---I sit in a room all alone
and I look through fatality reports
I wonder to myself
why stay at home mums
have to do the work of government
I sit in a room all alone
and see the categories
of deaths that I create
here are the children who died in care
and here are the patients who eloped from hospital
I sit in a room all alone
and I preach to the government of Alberta
that these are preventable deaths
that no one is interested in preventing
I say their names because I have no power to do anything else
I sit in a room all alone and I look through fatality reports I wonder to myself why stay at home mums have to do the work of governmen...
READINGCHILDRENSBOOKS.BLOGSPOT.COM|BY JULIE ALI
LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment