Wednesday, October 5, 2016

because these are all throwaway citizens no one cares about them

I sit in a room all alone
and I look through fatality reports
I wonder to myself
why stay at home mums
have to do the work of government

I sit in a room all alone
and see the categories
of deaths that I create
here are the children who died in care
and here are the patients who eloped from hospital

I sit in a room all alone
and I preach to the government of Alberta
that these are preventable deaths
that no one is interested in preventing
I say their names because I have no power to do anything else

I sit in the room all alone
without the information I request
from AHS and Alberta Health
the autopsy results can't be provided
and as for the fatality reports they are mostly skim

I sit in the room all alone
and I think about the just society model
elected officials and public agency workers
are all clear of any responsibility or culpability
because these are all throwaway citizens    no one cares about them 


I sit in the room all alone
and I write the stories of the throwaway citizens
of our societies    they die alone or in care
government covers up and says very little
and the fatalities repeat over decades   for no darn reason I can determine

https://www.justice.alberta.ca/programs_services/fatality/Pages/fatality_reports.aspx?WT.svl=programs

Fatality inquiry reports

The presiding judge provides the Minister with a written report after an inquiry is complete.
This report:
  • identifies the deceased
  • outlines the date, time, place and circumstances of death
  • may recommend how to prevent similar incidents
  • cannot make any findings of legal responsibility

Reports

2016
2015

To obtain older reports

     Contact:
     Jennifer Fuchinsky
     Fatality Inquiry Coordinator
     Email
     780-422-4077
     780-310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta)

No comments:

Post a Comment