Friday, October 14, 2016

and I reported it all / this is all I can do I laid out the cards for you to see

I laid out the cards
of information
and I studied them
each day I wrote about
what interested me
and it was all about
harm   death    pain   and spin 


I laid out the cards
so that I would know
what lies under the surface
I painted for years
until the time came
to tear up the canvases
and share the shame


I laid out the cards
and I still don't know exactly how the games are played
but I see the loose partnerships
between the players in these games
I understand citizens are to be gamed
and gamed until we are exhausted and give up
we're just the coins thrown down as loose change


I laid out the cards
once I was naive
and now I am experienced
the system is rigged
and the surface is all about spin
for fooling the citizens
but at least from this point on      I am not foolable


I laid out the cards
and I watched the players
play their games
the tools of the citizens
were used to dig their own graves
and I reported it all
this is all I can do   I laid out the cards   for you to see


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrA3mm7bLxM


OneRepublic - I Lived (Vevo Presents: Live at Festhalle, Frankfurt)


No comments:

Post a Comment