Sunday, October 9, 2016

-The Aleppo Media Centre, an online opposition news portal for the city, posted a video it said showed victims of the gas attack: a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus. Two men interviewed said barrel bombs were dropped and there was a strong smell of gas. People then began to suffer breathing and eye problems. Government and opposition forces have both denied using chemical weapons during Syria's conflict. Western powers say the Government has been responsible for chlorine and other chemical attacks. The Government and Russia have accused rebels of using poison gas.-----------President Assad’s government has repeatedly denied the use of barrel bombs and chemical weapons despite numerous reports throughout the civil war.-------------No party in the conflict admitted the strikes but suspicion turned to Bashar al-Assad’s forces and their Russian supporters.

https://www.facebook.com/tony.ryan.357
Tony Ryan's photo.
Tony Ryan's photo.
Tony Ryan's photo.
Tony Ryan's photo.
This is Aleppo Syria today , yes just a few hours ago , is it on sky news , eh no !!' Is on CNN , fox , no , why is half of face book not posting the Syrian flag on there picture profile,, in sympathy with these innocent civilians, not just civilians, innocent men , women, and children, this is what had been going on for almost 5 years to these people , and btw don't believe everything you hear about Russian and Syria being responsible for these atrocities, the USA has as much to do with this , if not for the most part




I laid out the stories
in rows
and watched the world
as it walked by
the coffins
and I told myself
this is unusual
we have two countries
in one land
here is the world of the maimed
and here is the world of the insane


I laid out the stories
in rows
so that I might see the two countries
I watched the people who worked while death and abuse happened
I realized that some of us are innocent
and the rest of us don't want to join the cities of the maimed
I stood by the side of the road waving the flag of inquiry
and asked good questions of all the travelers on the road to nowhere
but the stories all were implacable
they wanted to be said I could not silence them


I laid out the stories
in rows
and they multiplied like bacteria
in colonies     I watched them grow
these germ cities and flourish
I was in the midst of an epidemic
and I had no way to save myself
I waited calmly for the decisions to be made
and like a good scientist I recorded the acts of all concerned
this is a record of my investigations


I laid out the stories
for the world to read and I waited for action
but no action came     I guess everyone is too busy making money
to help them    and so I decided to go on social media to rally other mummies
I said the stories again and waited for the help that did not come
and so I told myself    this is is a place where you must simply be
and do this work alone for the world is cherishing only the wrong things
I put down the words that I found like rocks on burial sites

and I piled them high like cairns on the long journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nmHymgM7Y&ab_channel=LeonardCohenVEVO

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker (Audio)




Aleppo citizens killed in suspected chlorine gas attack, say Syrian hospital, rescuers

Updated 11 Aug 2016, 2:16pm
At least four people died and many suffered breathing difficulties when a gas, believed to be chlorine, was dropped alongside barrel bombs on a neighbourhood of the Syrian city of Aleppo, a hospital and a civil defence group told Reuters.
Hamza Khatib, the manager of Al Quds hospital in Aleppo, told a Reuters photographer the hospital had recorded four deaths from gas poisoning and 55 injuries. Seven people were still receiving hospital treatment.
Mr Khatib said he was preserving pieces of patients' clothing and fragments from the barrel bombs as evidence for analysis.
Syria Civil Defence, a Syrian rescue service operating in rebel-held territory, told Reuters it had recorded three deaths and 22 injuries after a barrel containing a gas suspected of being chlorine fell on the Zubdiya neighbourhood of rebel-held Aleppo.
The group, which describes itself as a neutral band of search and rescue volunteers, said it could not independently verify the nature of the gas.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a war monitor, said helicopters dropped explosive barrels on the neighbourhoods of Seif al Dawla and Zubdiya, leading to the death of a woman and her child from suffocation.
The northern city of Aleppo, Syria's most populous before the war, is split into rebel and Government-held districts. Capturing the whole city would be a major prize for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the country's five-year-old conflict.
A fierce battle for control of the city broke out when rebels staged a major assault to break through a month-long Government siege of the city's rebel-held east, where about 250,000 people are thought to be living.
Fighters managed to pierce the ring of Government-controlled territory, but a safe corridor for civilians and aid has not yet been established.

Government and opposition forces deny using chemical weapons

There have been unconfirmed reports among activists and residents of chlorine gas falling on rebel-held east Aleppo since the insurgent offensive.
The Aleppo Media Centre, an online opposition news portal for the city, posted a video it said showed victims of the gas attack: a child and adults wearing breathing apparatus. Two men interviewed said barrel bombs were dropped and there was a strong smell of gas. People then began to suffer breathing and eye problems.
Government and opposition forces have both denied using chemical weapons during Syria's conflict. Western powers say the Government has been responsible for chlorine and other chemical attacks. The Government and Russia have accused rebels of using poison gas.
UN investigators established that sarin gas was used in Eastern Ghouta in 2013. The United States accused Damascus of that attack, which it estimates killed 1,429 people, including at least 426 children. Damascus denied responsibility, and blamed rebels.
Later that year the United Nations and the Syrian Government agreed to destroy the state's declared stockpile of chemical weapons, a process completed in January 2016.
The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons confirmed in late 2015 that sulfur mustard, commonly known as mustard gas, had been used for the first time in the conflict, without saying which party in the many sided conflict it thought had used it.

Doctors plead for help

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.
Syrian doctors in opposition districts of Aleppo have accused the United States of inaction in the face of repeated atrocities in the devastated city.
In a heart-wrenching letter addressed to US President Barack Obama, 15 of the 35 doctors in eastern neighbourhoods of Syria's second city warned the situation would be desperate for civilians if regime forces re-impose a siege.
"What pains us most, as doctors, is choosing who will live and who will die," the doctors wrote.
"Young children are sometimes brought into our emergency rooms so badly injured that we have to prioritise those with better chances, or simply don't have the equipment to help them."
The doctors lamented that for five years, they had "borne witness as countless patients, friends and colleagues suffered violent, tormented deaths".
One attack two weeks ago left four newborn babies dead after the force of the blast cut off the oxygen supply to their incubator.
"Gasping for air, their lives ended before they had really begun."
Reuters

From other news sites:

Powered byPowered by Bing




Syria war: Children among civilians killed in new air strikes on hospital and market in Aleppo province

At least 18 civilians were reported dead as the UN investigated a suspected chemical attack














112
aleppo-1.jpgThe latest strikes (not pictured) came after Russia proposed a three-hour daily ceasefire Reuters
Children and medical staff were among at least 18 civilians killed in air strikes that hit a hospital, market and village as the Syrian regime continues attempts to dislodge rebels from Aleppoprovince.
Rescue workers said the only hospital for women and children in the town of Kafr Hamra was partially destroyed in a new bombing on Friday, killing two members of staff including a nurse.
The Syrian Civil Defence group said it pulled 10 injured people from beneath the rubble, which provided vital medical services for the surrounding area.
aleppo-gas-attack-3.jpg
Children were given emergency treatment and oxygen masks after a suspected gas attack in Aleppo on Thursday (Mahmoud Rashwani)
Hours later, air strikes hit a market in Urum al-Kubra, to the west of Aleppo city, killing at least six people according to the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

READ MORE

Children were among at least 10 other people reportedly killed in the bombing of the village of Hayan, where footage taken by opposition activists showed residents scrambling to recover the bodies of men, women and children strewn alongside a partially destroyed road.
No party in the conflict admitted the strikes but suspicion turned to Bashar al-Assad’s forces and their Russian supporters.
All three of the areas hit lie on strategic roads through opposition-controlled territory, linking Aleppo with the Islamist stronghold of Idlib and running north towards the Turkish border.
The attacks came as the United Nations started its investigation into a reported chemical attack by the Syrian regime on opposition areas of Aleppo city on Thursday.
0:00
/
0:00
UN says Russia’s three-hour daily truce is ‘not enough’ for Aleppo
At least seven civilians, including two children and their mother, were killed and scores more injured and left with breathing difficulties as doctors described a poisonous gas and the strong smell of chlorine.
President Assad’s government has repeatedly denied the use of barrel bombs and chemical weapons despite numerous reports throughout the civil war.
Staffan de Mistura, the UN special envoy for Syria, said experts were investigating Thursday’s attack after receiving “a lot of evidence”.
“If it did take place, it is a war crime and as such it would require everyone to address it immediately,” he added.
Doctors said the bombardment of health facilities was becoming so frequent that civilians were becoming afraid of going to hospital.
In July alone, aid organisations reported 43 facilities in opposition areas partially or totally destroyed.
Dr Hussein, who works in a hospital supported by Doctors Without Borders (MSF) in rebel-controlled eastern Aleppo, said essential services like paediatrics had been cut because of the number of civilians wounded in the war.

In pictures: Aleppo bombing

“The hospital has been damaged three times by bombings,” he added, listing attacks in July and on 3 and 6 August.
“The hospital is running at the moment but is able to care only for the most urgent cases.
“People are scared to go to hospitals – they see them as potential targets. They only come to us now if it is an absolute emergency."
The UN has repeatedly called on all parties to comply with obligations under international law to protect civilians and vital infrastructure but, despite promises of a regime-backed ceasefire, the violence continues in Aleppo.
The city, divided between government and opposition control, remains the scene of fierce fighting after predominantly Islamist rebels fought through regime lines to break a two-month siege last week.
Jaish al-Fath, an alliance headed by former al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, is being targeted by the Syrian regime and its Russian allies as a designated terrorist organisation.
Elsewhere in Syria, the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces rebel group was continuing an offensive to push Isis back along the Turkish border after driving militants out of their former stronghold of Manbij.






http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/25/aleppo-horror-dozens-of-civilians-killed-in-russian-and-syrian-s/

Aleppo horror: dozens of civilians killed in Russian and Syrian strikes

A man walks on the rubble of damaged buildings after an airstrike on the rebel held al-Qaterji neighbourhood of Aleppo, Syria September 25, 2016.A man walks on the rubble of damaged buildings after an airstrike on the rebel held al-Qaterji neighbourhood of Aleppo, Syria September 25, 2016.  CREDIT:  REUTERS/ABDALRHMAN ISMAIL
25 SEPTEMBER 2016 • 6:53PM
Dozens of civilians were killed in Aleppo on Sunday as Russian and Syrian regime bombers pounded the besieged city with a wave of airstrikes on a scale unprecedented in Syria’s six years of war.
More than 150 airstrikes have rocked the rebel-held eastern half of Aleppo since Friday including the use of massive "bunker buster" bombs and incendiary devices that can set fire to whole streets, the US said.    
Activists film incendiary missile striking town near AleppoPlay!00:34
At least 140 people have been killed in the attacks over the weekend and Save the Children estimated that around half of the casualties were children. At least six children were reported to have been killed by a barrel bomb attack on Sunday.  
One photograph from the city showed a mother's body buried in the rubble while cradling a small baby. A dead boy lay behind them tucked a little further into the ruined building.
The city’s few remaining functioning hospitals were overwhelmed with casualties and doctors said patients were dying on the floor in hallways because there were too few staff and supplies to treat them.   
"I've never seen so many people dying in once place,” said Mohammad Zein Khandaqani, a member of the medical council which oversees hospitals in the rebel areas.
Members of Civil Defense inspecting damaged buildings after airstrikes hit the Bustan al-Qasr neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016.Members of Civil Defense inspecting damaged buildings after airstrikes hit the Bustan al-Qasr neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016. CREDIT: AP
The US also accused Russian and the Syrian regime of deliberatelytargeting rescue workers in “double tap” strikes, where an aircraft bombs an area and then strikes again minutes later to kill first responders who rush to the scene.
Three centres used by the Syrian Civil Defence, a volunteer rescue organization better known as the White Helmets, were bombed over the weekend, according to Samantha Power, the US ambassador to the UN.
She warned that the result of attacks on rescue workers would be more civilians left to die in the ruins of their homes. “Those buried alive in rubble in eastern Aleppo are much more likely to die in rubble,” she told the UN security council.
Young girl pulled alive from rubble in AleppoPlay!01:19
The unprecedented attack from the air is believed a harbinger of an all-out ground assault by Bashar al-Assad's forces to finally crush opposition in Syria’s second largest city.
As the White Helmets, shows wounded receiving treatment at a local clinic after airstrikes hit Aleppo, Syria, Sunday, Sept. 25, As the White Helmets, shows wounded receiving treatment at a local clinic after airstrikes hit Aleppo, Syria, Sunday, Sept. 25,  CREDIT: AP
The Syrian regime military announced Friday it was preparing an offensive to finally retake east Aleppo, where around 275,000 people have lived under rebel and jihadist control since 2012.
The army urged civilians inside the rebel bastion to try to flee and surrender themselves to Syrian Arab Army checkpoints. Syria’s military is bolstered by Russian airpower but also ground troops from Iran and the Hizbollah militant group.
Staffan de Mistura, the UN special envoy for Syria, warned the Syrian regime against such an attack, saying that it would only lead to more devastation in the city.
“It’s going to be a slow, grinding, street-by-street fight over the course of months, if not years, whereby the ancient city will be almost completely destroyed,” he said.  
Cameraman narrowly avoids airstrike in AleppoPlay!00:44
Much of the ground fighting on Sunday focused on Handarat, a Palestinian refugee camp in the which is now largely abandoned after it was repeatedly taken and retaken by the opposing sides.
Rebel forces lost control of the camp to advancing regime troops over the weekend after coming intensive airstrikes but retook the area in fighting late on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment