Monday, October 10, 2016

Alberta Medical Association September 30 at 2:11pm · New AMA president Dr. Carr chats with the Edmonton Journal.---------Julie Ali Hopefully the new AMA president will look at the problems faced by patients with disabilities. My severely handicapped sister was nearly prematurely terminated by physicians at the Grey Nuns Hospital on repeated occasions. No one did the review of her file. I had to do it. I found that there were care problems that resulted in repeated hospitalizations and emergency visits. This is to say no one did the data card downloads to verify the care my sister received was up to the standards of care or really even up to any standards. Staff failed to put the BIPAP machine on --I don't know why-maybe they had no training on the machine? In any case, there were two PPIC abuse incidents confirmed and then they dumped my sister out of the facility. During this time Alberta Health and three health ministers stand around yapping abuse will not be tolerated and none of them did anything about the premature termination fiasco. I am curious what is going on in Alberta. Do doctors do the premature termination of severely handicapped citizens without any interest in their personal directive requirements which in my sister's case indicated full resuscitation? There are ethical and legal problems in my sister's case that the AMA folks need to address. I believe no one ever really addresses any issues in Alberta hoping that someone else will deal with these problems. If the folks at Alberta Health won't deal with premature termination of patients who lack competency and are not able to defend themselves then I gently suggest to the folks at the AMA that they need to address this issue with their membership because in my opinion this is a matter that will have legal consequences for doctors. In my sister's case, she was lucky to have advocates who have faced retribution for yapping publicly about this issue. But if we did not speak, I guess nothing would have been done and she would be dead now. After I did the investigation of the respiratory care my sister received remarkably she has been stable because I now check that staff put on the BIPAP machine. I get data card downloads every single month that I add to her medical file. I suggest to all families that they do similar surveillance of work at continuing care facilities because you never know if government does anything in Alberta other than yap that abuse will not be tolerated when it so plainly is tolerated.-------

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertaMedicalAssociation/posts/1004482562934263?comment_id=1066962166686302&notif_t=like&notif_id=1476155297805823
Alberta Medical Association
September 30 at 2:11pm ·
New AMA president Dr. Carr chats with the Edmonton Journal.
http://edmontonjournal.com/…/new-alberta-medical-associatio…

New Alberta Medical Association president takes over at pivotal time for profession
As the Alberta Medical Association’s newly installed president, Dr. Padraic Carr has become the voice of the province’s 10,000-plus doctors at a tumultuous and…
EDMONTONJOURNAL.COM
Like
Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry
CommentShare
Top Comments
2 2
Comments
Julie Ali

Write a comment...

Julie Ali
Julie Ali Hopefully the new AMA president will look at the problems faced by patients with disabilities. My severely handicapped sister was nearly prematurely terminated by physicians at the Grey Nuns Hospital on repeated occasions. No one did the review of her file. I had to do it. I found that there were care problems that resulted in repeated hospitalizations and emergency visits. This is to say no one did the data card downloads to verify the care my sister received was up to the standards of care or really even up to any standards. Staff failed to put the BIPAP machine on --I don't know why-maybe they had no training on the machine? In any case, there were two PPIC abuse incidents confirmed and then they dumped my sister out of the facility. During this time Alberta Health and three health ministers stand around yapping abuse will not be tolerated and none of them did anything about the premature termination fiasco. I am curious what is going on in Alberta. Do doctors do the premature termination of severely handicapped citizens without any interest in their personal directive requirements which in my sister's case indicated full resuscitation? There are ethical and legal problems in my sister's case that the AMA folks need to address. I believe no one ever really addresses any issues in Alberta hoping that someone else will deal with these problems. If the folks at Alberta Health won't deal with premature termination of patients who lack competency and are not able to defend themselves then I gently suggest to the folks at the AMA that they need to address this issue with their membership because in my opinion this is a matter that will have legal consequences for doctors. In my sister's case, she was lucky to have advocates who have faced retribution for yapping publicly about this issue. But if we did not speak, I guess nothing would have been done and she would be dead now. After I did the investigation of the respiratory care my sister received remarkably she has been stable because I now check that staff put on the BIPAP machine. I get data card downloads every single month that I add to her medical file. I suggest to all families that they do similar surveillance of work at continuing care facilities because you never know if government does anything in Alberta other than yap that abuse will not be tolerated when it so plainly is tolerated.
Like · Reply · Just now

New AMA president Dr. Carr chats with the Edmonton Journal.
http://edmontonjournal.com/…/new-alberta-medical-associatio…

As the Alberta Medical Association’s newly installed president, Dr. Padraic Carr has become the voice of the province’s 10,000-plus doctors at a tumultuous and…
EDMONTONJOURNAL.COM

Like
Comment
Comments
Julie Ali

Write a comment...
Julie Ali Hopefully the new AMA president will look at the problems faced by patients with disabilities. My severely handicapped sister was nearly prematurely terminated by physicians at the Grey Nuns Hospital on repeated occasions. No one did the review of her file. I had to do it. I found that there were care problems that resulted in repeated hospitalizations and emergency visits. This is to say no one did the data card downloads to verify the care my sister received was up to the standards of care or really even up to any standards. Staff failed to put the BIPAP machine on --I don't know why-maybe they had no training on the machine? In any case, there were two PPIC abuse incidents confirmed and then they dumped my sister out of the facility. During this time Alberta Health and three health ministers stand around yapping abuse will not be tolerated and none of them did anything about the premature termination fiasco. I am curious what is going on in Alberta. Do doctors do the premature termination of severely handicapped citizens without any interest in their personal directive requirements which in my sister's case indicated full resuscitation? There are ethical and legal problems in my sister's case that the AMA folks need to address. I believe no one ever really addresses any issues in Alberta hoping that someone else will deal with these problems. If the folks at Alberta Health won't deal with premature termination of patients who lack competency and are not able to defend themselves then I gently suggest to the folks at the AMA that they need to address this issue with their membership because in my opinion this is a matter that will have legal consequences for doctors. In my sister's case, she was lucky to have advocates who have faced retribution for yapping publicly about this issue. But if we did not speak, I guess nothing would have been done and she would be dead now. After I did the investigation of the respiratory care my sister received remarkably she has been stable because I now check that staff put on the BIPAP machine. I get data card downloads every single month that I add to her medical file. I suggest to all families that they do similar surveillance of work at continuing care facilities because you never know if government does anything in Alberta other than yap that abuse will not be tolerated when it so plainly is tolerated.
LikeReplyJust now


No comments:

Post a Comment