Tuesday, September 27, 2016

these are ordinary citizens

I take out the papers
and review them

they're all about history
and science     the losses we've endured

we're supposed to suck it up
and refuse to claim our rights as citizens

I polish the bones and lay out the feathers
of the birds who were plucked   these victims

and wait for decades for the information
that is the government domain

I watch the actors on the stage of politics
and learn their tactics and strategies   these are ordinary citizens


in between the generation of reports
I study the poems that are the basis of wisdom

Emily Dickinson waits for me
I leave the brittle stupidity     and go to the words she says to me

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nmHymgM7Y
Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker (Audio)






No comments:

Post a Comment